Naming Creations

Enalya

I don't see the aesthetic appeal in naming creations. You're not their little buddy: you're a Shaper, and if they don't get killed you're just going to reabsorb them when you upgrade your army. (Keeping a Fyora into the endgame means never being nearly as powerful as you could be, and that'll get you voted off Sucia Island.) But there is some actual utility in naming creations, because it can help you keep track of (for example) which of your six Terror Vlish are valuable veterans and which are expendable recent replacements. So I give the senior ones names like 'One' and 'Two', and leave the newer ones generic.

Actually, I kept my couple of fyoras all the way through and they leveled so many times that they were extremely powerful. At various times I saved the game, reabsorbed them, and made drayks, just to see if the drayks would be more powerful, but they weren't. So, as I mentioned earlier, I kept my same creations all the way through GF.

Then again, I probably didn't put enough into my shaping skills.

I know! For GF3, I'll not only name my drayk "Drakey," but also name my Fyora "Flamefiend." Hmm... I need another good fyora name.

• 4 months later...

i use silly names for whatever creatures i have.... except adopted ones.

-the first one is always Spot. and i keep him around as long as i can. and like Kelandon and as mentioned in another thread, this is always a Fyora, and they can be as powerul as Drayks and Drakons if you keep them around and play your cards right.

-Bubbles

-Fluffy (reserved for the most grotesque looking critter in my party)

-Chuckles

-Bob

and the like are the usuals. obvioulsy i don't take it too terribly seriously :p It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, so i have fun with it wink .

• 2 weeks later...

I would awnser, but I don't think you want to hear it. Lets just call them noobs and be done with it? Are you suprised anyways? This type of thing happens all the time around here I've noticed.

EDIT: Then again, having not noticed, you could call me a noob, for arising a week old post (though one on top) for a 4 sentence response. Eh, whatever.

I did once name a Thahd George W. Bush. Well, I was going to anyways, turned out to just be George, but hey.

EDIT: Oh and BTW Solberg, the reason call them Noobs is because I can, that and the fact that while I may not post too often, I lurk quite a bit. Past that, I, while on very few occasions have done so, very rarely ever revive old, dead topics.