Rebels on Dhonal?

I'm trying to be the most rabid rebel possible, but I haven't found a way to get the rebel forces on Dhonal to accept me. Greta doesn't even seem to suggest that that might be possible; her only helpful ideas are to get help from the shapers to fight through the rogues. Is the only possible plotline the one where you help the shapers right up to the last moment, when you repair the creator instead of destroying it?

I understand from posts here, and from my own experience in a previous game, that you can't avoid fighting Spharon's runed serviles. But someone suggested that you could talk with Spharon himself. Is this just the usual 'banter before I kill you' conversation, or can you actually make friends with him? If so, how?

1. You have to help the Shapers to get to the Creator. Remember that servile that was sent to contact you. He said it's okay to help the Shapers, help the people, or kill the rouges if need be. If you don't help both sides you'll never get off the island.

2. The rouges in all areas will stop attacking you once the creator is fixed. It's worth the experience to clear them all out.

3. Spharon will only talk before attempting to kill you. There is no way to make peace, as he is canister crazy and doesn't want you getting praise and rewards he should be getting. I don't have a save file at that point in the game, but I believe he was the one who said that. Either way, he wont spare you.

Yes, I thought that was how it would be, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks for the independent confirmation.

Last time I was in such a hurry to toast Spharon, and used so much speed doing it with my singleton Agent, that if he did engage me in his charming conversation, I had forgotten about it. (Plus that time I had no idea where his soul-shard was, and never thought to look in a mere clay jar right beside him, so I was busy trying to sneak into his back rooms while he was still fighting me.) This time I got to enjoy his repartee before feeding him to my hungry Glaahks.