Guardians need help

Originally by MagmaDrakoon:

Quote:
For the first time, I'm not so sure to play GF1 as a Guardian...
Play G1 as a guardian the first time through, if that's what you're used to and good at, and then experiment with different builds on different playthroughs.

G1 is quite different from G3, because there are fewer spells and raising stats doesn't cause an increase in skill points required.

Dikiyoba.

Hmmph. My squad leader missile Guardian in G2 is bogging down a bit in the Barzite lands. I lost an old Fyora to clawbugs in the Guarded Groves, and although recruiting two more Vlish afterwards was a good move, I have the distinct feeling that my creations and I have slipped relative to our enemies. I haven't been gaining experience very fast, so my skills haven't been climbing much. This may be partly because I'm nonaligned. Maybe everybody stalls a bit in this part of the game.

Quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:
Hmmph. My squad leader missile Guardian in G2 is bogging down a bit in the Barzite lands. I lost an old Fyora to clawbugs in the Guarded Groves, and although recruiting two more Vlish afterwards was a good move, I have the distinct feeling that my creations and I have slipped relative to our enemies. I haven't been gaining experience very fast, so my skills haven't been climbing much. This may be partly because I'm nonaligned. Maybe everybody stalls a bit in this part of the game.
Dolldrums are common... You either need a new baton, more skills, or a strong re-evaluation of what you need to be doing at that point.

Yeh. I'm using Submissions and Reapers now, and new skills aren't so easy to come by when you're not gaining xp very fast, but at least the Barzite areas have lots of canisters. My hopes are pinned on the Drayks Phariton taught me to make before his accident. If they don't cut it, my next chance for a big boost will probably be the Emerald Chestguard.

EDIT: Drayks are good. I cashed in the Vlish.