How do you get into the mountain base?

If you are in the area Mountain Base heading north you get to a row of pylons leading to a door. Is this what you mean?

If so there are two doors, one to the left and one to the right. In each room is a lever. Pull both levers.

You will not be able to enter from the north without previously opening the door.

Well, what's another way in? Because I can't have previously opened the door because that's the only way in I've found so far, so yeah, I am coming from the north... How do I find another way in? (Also, there's a southern door in another city... the Hermit Crossroads... I can't get through that door either, but first things first, what are my alternate routes into Mountain Base? smile

It sounds to me like you went far south west into Taker lands. Head all the way south east and meet the Barzites.

Rising is south west of the Loyalist Encampment, and north of the Breeding Pits.

The Breeding Pits are west of Kss-Urg's vally.

Edit: I don't have a saved game where I haven't entered Gazak-Uss, so the option is not there for me. I am certain the answer is very close. This is the entrance to the most difficult area in the game.

Someone else may have some insight on how to enter, but you will find it if you talk to all the characters near by.

Morwen: Learned Thalni should tell you how to get to Gazak-Uss. Exhaust all the dialogue options. You may want to try the way in, just in case, but I think it only works when he tells you.

There are two pillars in front of the gate. Look at them. (but, as I said, I doubt this will work without talking to Thalni)

(I just went to Hermit's Wilderness to check. Thalni doesn't tell me anything about how to get through the gate because I already opened/he already told me. So, Morwen, try and look at the pillars in front of the gate and hopefully you will open it)