Khor's Deeps (possible spoilers)

I've talked to Khryk, and he told me to check out Agatha's mansion. I did that and freed them. He has not offered a key.

Edit: Okay here is how I got the key. There must be another way… I had a theory that Agetha had it. She told me to go to the docks, but she didn't offer a key. I thought if I killed her she would drop it. It appears in G3 you can't attack friendly characters, so I had to steel a lot and get someone to attack me. It worked and I did “dbugkill” so I wouldn't have to fight a bunch of townspeople. Agetha did drop the key I needed. Is this what was supposed to happen?

Edit 2: Email sent.

Sounds different from my experience. While I visited Khyryk multiple times, it all made sense from a plot perspective and flowed obviously. And I never reached a point such as you have where I was completely stymied.

Given the wide range of possible explanations Jeff would be best placed to identify the problem. I'd be interested in the answer.

Hi. You may have already solved this, since it's been a few days.

I was playing a Loyalist, servile-sympathizer. I rescued Agatha, learned about her secrets in her mansion.

Once Agatha was back in Stonespire and the Rogue problem was finally finito in Gull Island I went back to Mr. K (also with the hope to get the Keys since I saw no other place where they could be since I had ramsacked the entire Island (except for the Monastery)) and he did indeed gave me the Key.

If I remember right, there was a dialogue choice that said something along the lines of how do I leave this place, or can you help me more.

Or, he could've offer me the key out of his own voilition after I gave him the brief about the improvement of the situation in the island.

(I had about 9 or 10 of Leadership but that should have absolutely nothing to do with this)

Hope no one else encounters this problem.

I finished the game as a Loyalist Shaper, and you do indeed get the key to the docks from K. Here's how:

(1) When you first encounter K in his tower, he tells you to check out Agatha's mansion.

(2) Commit some light-hearted burglary of Agatha's masion - make sure you read her journal!

(3) Go back to K and tell him what the journal said.

(4) K tells you to go rescue Agatha and the imprisoned Shapers.

(5) Rescue the Shapers.

(6) Return to K and tell him of your success - he then tells you that you need to go to the Spear Isle and gives you the dock key.

All done!

Here is how it works and doesn't work…

If you go Khyryk he will tell you to investigate Agetha's Mansion. If you read the journal you'll be fine.

If you got to Agetha's Mansion and don't read the journal, but you do free the Shapers you will not be given the key. Jeff said this is an oversight that will be corrected in the next version. It is interesting however that Agethat had the key. I thought I had read the journal, but may not have.

Well, I had the same problem getting to the docks in Khor's Deeps. I had no key and I l had ooked everywhere! So I went back to Khyryk but searching all over, I couldn't find him. I may have killed him, sad to say. frown How, I don't know. He's nowhere to be found. And Hoge did not drop the key. But I had released Agatha and knew that she was in Stonespire.

I finally checked this board and saw a suggestion that I kill Agatha. I tried to steal things there but there was nothing to steal. I may have ransacked the place earlier although I tend to be very cautious about stealing.

So having no other solution, I killed Agatha and the key dropped from her grasp. I got it but I had to fight my way out of town and I'm still a bit nervous about going back. (lol)

I think that this may be a legitimate way to get the key if you are playing a loyalist agent and have no other way to get to the docks. The key drops from her and there's a little note saying that.

I'm *not* saying this is in any way a preferred method to get to the docks. Only that if there is no other way from Hoge or Khyryk then... it's a workable last resort.

Bekah