Did you stay loyal?

First, I've join the Awakened, and after the Takers, but I've killed Trajkov at the end, and destroyed the Geneforge without using it.

I've played with a Shaper, and found the game extremely difficult, sometimes...I have focus on just 3 or 4 powerfull creature, and get killed a lot of time...

But, so, the sects gives you advantages, and it's a shame to not play with at least one of them...

If you're loyal to the Shapers, you can join the Obeyers!

Actually, I couldn't decide if I should have stayed loyal or not, so I just made several differents saves, and went through all of the endings, which was much easier to do in this than the second one by the way. I can't remember which one I did first, but it was probably the Awakened one. Or had I used the Geneforge? smirk

You mean with all of the different sides, yet not quite open warfare? It's like - Most of them want to kill you for different reasons, but they're to frightened to. Cause - I mean - you're a shaper.

- Magic and Shaping are the two things which rule. But when push comes to shove... MAGIC RULES!

Me? Loyal? Not a chance.

In fact, I first joined the Takers and cleared the Sholai controlled territory. Then I killed Trajkov and destroyed the Geneforge, being a good, not taking over the world me. Then I joined the Awakened. Took all the advantages and joined the Obeyers.

Even after using five to get aligned with one side, there is a way to use the ten required to get over to the other side, then join the original side again. Though why someone would need to steal from someone more than once I do not know... smile

Quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Micael:
What does the Geneforge do to you? confused
Besides giving you a different ending, The Geneforge increases all your base stats by 8, as well as some other stats. I think it differs depending on what class you are. For example, the only time I used the Geneforge was as a Guardian, and it increased my base stats and shaping skills.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Quote:
Originally written by gurl42:p:
Quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Micael:
You read Eddings?
.. I did. I read 16 of them in english just some weeks ago. I'm not a fan if that's what you think. I just found that particular.. quote somewhat funny.
And I like Fantasy :p
what is the ending if you stay loyal and use the geneforge confused

Except, alas, that no-one is left to oppose you at that point.

About the only chance to enjoy all that power is in toasting the Sholai guards at the final docks.

You can save the Inner Crypt to the end, but the one time I tried that was disappointing. On the one hand, the swarms of high level creations there actually did remain a problem. I still had to stay in combat mode; if I tried to just stroll through I still got owned, despite all my Geneforged might.

On the other hand, the one set piece battle was disappointingly brief, and the reward was small potatoes after the Geneforge.

I really do wonder if there was a point to reviving a several months old topic.

If you use the Geneforge and your character was any good, to begin with, most of the fights in the game, you can breeze. It kind of ruins the fun, if you've left any, by that time.

One thing I don't get, however, is why do people have more than just a couple of pets? They don't get the same sort of quality to them, after two. Not to mention, it's a heavy exp loss.

Quote:

most of the fights in the game, you can breeze. It kind of ruins the fun, if you've left any, by that time.
Utterly crushing your enemies is fun. To me, it is still a bit of a challenge (I play on torment).

Quote:

One thing I don't get, however, is why do people have more than just a couple of pets?
Power, and the feeling of being a mighty shaper. Nothing like having 8 cyrodrayks at your back. laugh

You've got the power, you might as well use it. By the time you have 8 cyrodrayks, you don't need any more leveling up, methinks.

my personal favorite approach is, indeed, a little more 'loyal' in my mind than any approach the game gives.

I kill everyone, and don't join any faction, then I destroy the forge without using it. And I do all this without ever touching the leadership skill.

Using the forge just gives a better ending, IMO, since by then you can PWN anyone left anyways.