Ice Walls

I've been going through the game, gathering the maps so I wouldn't have to bother with them later on. Now, at Ice Walls I see two doors which I've apparently been unable to open.

A quick check from Schro's FAQ says this:

Quote:
"You'll notice that several doors here do not open. Although I have not personally verified this, if you get the baton from the west workshop, these doors will open and sholai will attack you."
I presume this would mean the Control Rod? I also went through all the GF threads I've saved on my computer (because of the PPP2), but they had nothing about it.

So, are they possible to open, and if so, how?

Get the Entry Baton from the West Workshop and then tell the shade that appears that you won't cooperate. A bunch of Sholai will then appear and attack you; when done, the doors will open at your approach.

If you've previously gotten another Entry Baton or you've cooperated with the shade, press the Shift and D keys when you're in the Ice Walls. Type in the following:

sdf 49 23 1

(690)

• 14 years later...
On 7/8/2005 at 6:56 PM, Seletine said:

Get the Entry Baton from the West Workshop and then tell the shade that appears that you won't cooperate. A bunch of Sholai will then appear and attack you; when done, the doors will open at your approach.

If you've previously gotten another Entry Baton or you've cooperated with the shade, press the Shift and D keys when you're in the Ice Walls. Type in the following:

sdf 49 23 1

(690)

sdf 49 23 1 works nicely, you just have to leave the Ice Walls for West Workshop, then return back to the Icewalls and the doors will be open.

It is kinda funky though, so I made a tiny-tiny fix in the original script, which allows you to take the second entry baton, clear the West Workshop properly and talk to the shade as intended: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e50m2ieff3jphmk/z49wwork.txt/file - it should be put into Data/Scripts folder, replacing the original one (but you should make a back of the original one as well, just in case). To my experience, it works nice and doesn't break anything.

Alternatively, based on what I've seen in the script, sdf 49 17 1 command should summon the shade for you if you have taken the baton from the mines, but I haven't tested it.

Edited by Ross_R