Assigning Strings to Variables

Dintiradan

I've been getting a lot of errors from Alint in my scripts. All of them original when I assign a string to a variable. Is something else wrong, or do I have to use buffer calls instead of assigning strings to variables (I really want to make sure this is the problem before I go over all of my scripts)?

--------------------

We interrupt this scheduled quote to bring you a rant. Again.

WHAT? "WE HAVE DETECTED THE PRESENCE OF SPYWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER! PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A FREE SCAN?!?!?!?!?!"

Umm...

Code:
string = "string";
There's an error for every instance of this, at least in Alint.

EDIT: Beat to the post... by two seconds.

--------------------

IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:

I will never tell the hero "Yes I was the one who did it, but you'll never be able to prove it to that incompetent old fool." Chances are, that incompetant old fool is standing behind the curtain.

As far as I can tell, you can only assign a string in that way in the variables section. So for example

variables;

string test = "Test.";

Would be legitamate, but if you tried to write

test = "test";

Somewhere in the body of the script it returns an error. If you need to do this then I think you have to use get_buffer_text().

Edit: The problem isn't with Alint, I tried to assign a string in this way and got a missing semicolon error when I tested it in BOA (No, I wasn't missing a semicolon, I think its either the wrong format or just not a valid way to assign strings).

Yes, I did declare it as a string.

Guess I'm going to have to change my code. The only thing is that I'm getting errors from scripts I alpha tested before, script I could have sworn worked fine before. Oh well.

--------------------

If my mad scientist/wizard tells me he has almost perfected my Superweapon but it still needs more testing, I will wait for him to complete the tests. No one ever conquered the world using a beta version.

Don't worry, I didn't. Anyway, went over my code, changed everything so it used the buffer, and now it works. Why assigning a string to a declared variable gets a semicolon error is beyond me.

--------------------

I will not appoint a relative to my staff of advisors. Not only is nepotism the cause of most breakdowns in policy, but it also causes trouble with the EEOC.