Scenarios currently being worked on

Actually, someone could make a site with anonymous scenarios. I'm thinking about someone who has a rather large amount of space - some scenarios take serious MBs.

It could be done with aa upload form or just by mailig the maker of the site, and he'd do the putting manually.

As for the anonymousity and the contest, people could add a hidden signature somewhere in the scenario. Like, say, an encoded chunk of text somewhere in the readme which, if he/she wanted to reveal, he/she could just post a decoding mechanism.

Was I clear? Say something if I wasn't, I can't tell really.

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
If I'm not mistaken, *i isn't afraid to talk about his scenarios before they are released (judging from the 1239572394 "Gallows Update" topics over in the ancient threads of the Lyceum). Therefore I shall not fear either.
It only works if you have a history of releasing things. The people who talk about things are usually newbies or close to who never finish.

Quote:
Originally written by *i:
It only works if you have a history of releasing things. The people who talk about things are usually newbies or close to who never finish.[/QB]
I think there is a rule for that somewhere in the articles. About not making noise around your unborn scenario, I think.

I'm going to make a scen based on the Athurian legends (For those who don't know what that is: the sword thingy stuck into the rock stuff)

I am really having problems with the scripting part. You know, dialog nodes that don't show up, special encounters that fail to work, and stuff like that. My sister was supposed to help me. :rolleyes: ...but she didn't.

The scenario will start when you jump onto a ship that leaves for som strange island called Brittania (<wink><wink>, <nudge> <nudge>), where no-one has ever heard of any such place as the Empire lands, or Avernum. I will go by my own interpretation of the Arthurian legends, 'cuz I'm making the scenario, not you, over there behind the screen.. :p

Anyway, I've only made two towns so far, and they are incomplete, since you can not talk to anyone, but I estimate it will probably be ready by my next birthday, (in a year or so) unless I get bored of it.

Quote:
I think there is a rule for that somewhere in the articles. About not making noise around your unborn scenario, I think.
If there is a rule like that I think it would be a bit unfair because I like talking and sharing ideas about my scenario and other people's with each other. It's great to know what might be coming or what might just be r a rumor

Quote:
Originally written by Drakon Master:
Quote:
If there is a rule like that I think it would be a bit unfair because I like talking and sharing ideas about my scenario and other people's with each other. It's great to know what might be coming or what might just be r a rumor
It doesn't matter if there is a rule, it only matters if you stick to it. But it will get boring if you give your entire plot away, when you finally get to play it.

I think one of the issues is that if you spend too much time talking about the scen and not enough time making it, then it won't ever get finished. I pretty much have the first half finished right now, and I have a town-by-town and plot-point-by-plot-point outline of the rest of the scen, so I'm not too worried about finishing this thing. The only question is when, and that, I don't know.

Whether I will finish any of the other scenarios that I have in my head, well, that's another question. :p