BoA Editor Remake

JadeWolf

If you are talking about the 3D editor, it is already done for both Mac & Windows (Windows might still be a beta, but it works fine for me).

Find it here .

--------------------

IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:

I will not include a self-destruct mechanism unless absolutely necessary. If it is necessary, it will not be a large red button labelled "Danger: Do Not Push". The big red button marked "Do Not Push" will instead trigger a spray of bullets on anyone stupid enough to disregard it. Similarly, the ON/OFF switch will not clearly be labelled as such.

While we're on the topic of porting utilities...

Is anyone porting the dialogue editor to windows?

--------------------

The Silent Assassin appreciates the fact that you all nominated him for Best Supporting Actor.

(Just let him stay deluded. trust me.)

Quote:
Originally written by Ashbywolf and Imbanophobia 5567:
I was wondering how the project was coming on?
As of now the current goal is to get past some of wxWidgets' more cumbersome details, and create a more concrete connection between the gui and algorithms, meaning the more redundant parts of creating a gui are almost complete.

Technical Details:

The sub-project BoALib (renamed remembrance, after the Avernum month) is more or less complete, in that its design is done. Several algorithms are missing, but it should be useful to anyone who wants to create a utility that manipulates/manages .BAS files. The current file release (v1.0.0) does not contain a readme, which I will have to put in sooner or later. The CVS version (v1.0.2) contains a fix for the generate_sight_map functor, and makes numeric_mask easier to use.

The gui sub-project is now named suncome (cvsroot/boaedremake/boaedremake/suncome in the CVS repository). I have added a utility to get past wxWidgets' cumbersome interface that includes a small event handling DSEL, mostly completed. The view concept is next.

Just in case I haven't said it enough yet, here it is again: the single most important thing that you can do is create a release of any kind. You can continue to tinker forever, but we're all waiting for a better editor in the meantime.

I do understand that it takes a long time. I just want this to come out some time before Pyg.

By premonition:

Quote:
There's a dialogue editor?
Sigh. Once again, I'm waiting for the Windows version to come out.

--------------------

IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:

One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation.