Who triggered this script?

Isaac

Quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:
...you can check for a person standing on each space of the rectangle.
The script is triggered before the movement actually happens, so that won't work. I can't check for characters next to the rectangle either because there might be two of them and I won't know which one it is.

Quote:
Is there a combat block involved? Should there be?
No.

Welp, then, the EASIEST way to do it would be to do what needs to be done from a terrain script, if possible, rather than a special encounter rectangle. There are a couple of calls (most notably move_to_new_town()) that won't work except from a special encounter, however.

If that won't work, the next easiest might be to set a SDF, and check it at the beginning of the next round (after the char has actually moved into the spot). Then you can just check the loc of party members to see if they match up.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what I'd try, but I might still think of something. smile

Thank you, I wasn't remembering those. The circumstance is very strange. If I had needed to know who triggered it in combat and use move_to_new_town at the same time, it would require a terrain script. Apparently when there is a special rectangle, terrain script, and terrain special property script all on the same space, the trigger order is terrain script, then special rectangle, then terrain special property script. I could store who did it in a flag, during the terrain script, and use that in the special rectangle script. Luckily my circumstance didn't require that level of complexity.