Editing the editor?

Xoid

I read some much earlier threads where people were talking about editing the resources in the *.exe file on the Windows version so that they could implement music.

I have an inquiry into something similiar: is it possible to replace the *.wav in the *.exe using the same method, without breaking anything?

I placed a 0.08 second soundless *.wav over the offending resources, and while the editor seems to work, I can't be sure that it won't corrupt my work.

The editor can be changed because we have source code. However, the game itself cannot. To add music would require modification to both, or at very least the sound files that come with the game.

The only possible may I could see to implement music would be to change one of the ambient sounds in the appropriate file to the music you want. The answer is to try it with a toy scenario and if it works, great. If not, no loss.

At any rate, Spiderweb will NOT host your scenario if you do this.

Damn. The thought of compiling anything sends chills down my spine - I may be able to learn a scripting language in less than 24 hours, but that doesn't mean I have the prerequisite knowledge for dealing with 'real' programming languages.

If I offered a token gesture of appreciation, would someone compile a soundless editor for the x86 platform?