Engine or Data Error?

Dahak

Edit:

I have determined that the problem is the version of BoA. Version 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 are broken, while version 1.1 works.

End Edit

If you load the following scenario you should see something like this:

float2.jpg

However, I am not and I used to. I was hoping others could tell me what they see so I can determine if the problem if my version of BoA or corruption or whatever.

Scenario

Would someone mind taking a screenshot of the bad rendering for those of us in the minority OS?

--------------------

The Silent Assassin has spent the day working on a personal challenge: constructing a device that is lethal at 50 yards, using only an unsharpened no. 2 pencil, 2 pounds of broccoli, and six thick blue rubber bands.

The pumpkin farm down the street is going to be very upset come tomorrow.

te_supress_floor = 0, huh?

Quote:
Originally written by Dahak:

However, I am not and I used to.

Okay, are you saying that you've seen it at least once in-game without the black floor?

--------------------

The Silent Assassin has announced that Thursday is now officially "Clobber your roommate with a pizza day."

I have a whole week to prepare. laugh

Okay, I've got it.

The BoA engine, I guess the latest version, has an issue with the icon adjust feature that the 3D editor doesn't agree with. I can't explain it, and would prefer not to.

I just happened to find an answer to this particular problem.

So.

n141300885_30349817_7691.jpg

I tried a variety of tests and found that you never actually needed the custom water floor.

The script that I finally got to work is:

Quote:
begindefineterrain xxx;

clear;

import = 165;

te_suppress_floor = 0;

te_icon_offset_y = -92;

te_height_adj_pixels = 92;

te_is_bridge = 1;

I used regular surface water (floor 57) underneath of it, and it worked fine.

The only issue is that the walkway doesn't show up in the 3D preview in the editor: the walking man gets elevated above the water with nothing to walk on. The walkway does preview in 2D mode, though.

And now that my migraine has worn itself off... I'm going to bed.

--------------------

The Silent Assassin is off in Dreamland.

He plays Kirby way too much.

Well the problem is that when the 3D editor was written it was based of the v1.1 of the BoA Engine. v1.1 worked. version 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 do not. Also the idea behind having the floor adjusted is that you can make a high high bridge over water or anything. But in order to connect the two ends you need to be the same height or have a series of stairs. Height was the better option. You make the height match the edges, and then lower the floor to match the sides (lower height). Then you placed a terrain over the floor and raised it the same # of pixels as you dropped the floor. This allowed me to make a more 3D environment.