Questions about Editor

Could you make your own race? Add something like Slithzerakai and Nephilim with their own stats, and let those characters join your party? Can you make it so that when you create a party, you can get different races?

This may sound like a farfetched question, but I really would like to see a few more races out there.

Thanks,

Darkest90

Quote:
Add something like Slithzerakai and Nephilim with their own stats, and let those characters join your party?
Wait, what? You can already have Slithzerikai and Nephilim in your party. Just click on the race portrait in the character creation screen.

Quote:
Can you make it so that when you create a party, you can get different races?
Only if you are good at hacking and programing.

If you are talking about creating new races, Jeff made clear before Spiderweb released the editor that there wouldn't be any possibility to do that. His intention with creating the editor was that people should design scenarios about the Avernum universe, he hadn't time or money to create a RPG development utility. Thus he didn't include a possibility to design new races.

I don't think it's a bad idea, thought. I wouldn't mind some Vahnatai in the party...but I guess they're more bound to their people than Sliths and Nephils. So they wouldn't join a party of adventurers just like that.

But we'll see. Maybe some day I hope... smile

Couldn't you create new races by replacing character pics and using custom special stats or items to modify experience?

(I don't know if this is possible, but people dismissed the idea really quickly, which I've noticed tends to be a bad idea with scriptable engines like this...or anything else, really.)

Jeff stresses compatibility, from what I can tell. This is a fairly reasonable standpoint.

If you want to create such a scenario, you can host it in your own space. Jeff probably just doesn't want to hear complaints from morons who manage to overwrite their files permanently or do something ridiculously stupid while installing your scenario.