BUGS!

Kelandon

This is inspired by the talk of skipping over specials. So I'll point out the obvious bug, that the blocked spaces don't work properly.

Jeff said in an article that placing blocked spots in the editor will stop monsters from being placed on those spots, and keep the party from crossing them using the start - end combat tactic. All they do is stop NPC's from walking on them, blocked spots can still be easily crossed. However, if you use the call change_blocked(), it works as he described.

This is pretty annoying since my scenario includes a place where you must complete some conditions before leaving an unwalled town. So lots of places need to be blocked. I'll have to use TM's rectangle calls from MA I suppse, but it means I can't have a state called when the party tries to exit and the requirements aren't met.

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
To Thralni's post, I can only react with an enormous *facepalm*.
And as for my reaction to that, you can see this as one of the major reasons I'm leaving this community. I said that particualir thing as a kind of experiment, to see what the people's reactions would be. It was as always, which disappointed me: intelorant and touchy. Instead of asking "what's wrong, how can we help" and that sort of stuff, its immediatly "facepalm." I know the internet is a vicious place, but still. At least from you guys, who seem intelligent enough (at least the majority) to understand this, you would expect a least a bit support. I guess I was really terribly wrong.

To clear up any wrong thoughts on that comment I just made, I don't specifically mean the comment made against me, but all these sort of comments directed at many people here. espacially the zer-tolerance scheme people seem to have here against newbs who don't really know how to behave here, is quite stunning, if you ask me.

Its not only that, actually, its also the fact that when you ask people here what's wrong so you can change your attitude perhaps, all they tell you is "you are a bastard," and they expect you to learn from that. Now, I don't read minds, so teling me this is the must stupid, most irrelevant and idiotic thing to tell me. If you want to piss me off, than answer me this to a question which demands a totally different answer, like: "tell me exactly what is wrong, so I might change it." This community repeatedly failed to answer that question correctly.

But for the rest, I'll just shut up. My opinion isn't really relevant for the thread, and nobody listens to it anyway, as multiple threads can confirm. Apart from that, I already know this post will also be greeted with a "facepalm," which I think Slartucker (obviously) introduced, although I might be mistaken. The occasional post denoting what is wrong about my grammar will probably also pop-up now and then. I also know people will now chat about this, calling me gay or somthing like that. It depends if Alec or Salmon participates, I guess.

Quote:
Originally written by Mexican Revolt 06:
Quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:
This is pretty annoying since my scenario includes a place where you must complete some conditions before leaving an unwalled town.
It's the player's own fault for cheating their way over a special.
Not always true. It's entirely possible to cross over a special rectangle by accident without even knowing about it, especially in an area where the party is going in and out of combat mode a lot anyway.

Quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:
Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
To Thralni's post, I can only react with an enormous *facepalm*.
And as for my reaction to that, you can see this as one of the major reasons I'm leaving this community. I said that particualir thing as a kind of experiment, to see what the people's reactions would be. It was as always, which disappointed me: intelorant and touchy. Instead of asking "what's wrong, how can we help" and that sort of stuff, its immediatly "facepalm." I know the internet is a vicious place, but still. At least from you guys, who seem intelligent enough (at least the majority) to understand this, you would expect a least a bit support. I guess I was really terribly wrong.

To clear up any wrong thoughts on that comment I just made, I don't specifically mean the comment made against me, but all these sort of comments directed at many people here. espacially the zer-tolerance scheme people seem to have here against newbs who don't really know how to behave here, is quite stunning, if you ask me.

Its not only that, actually, its also the fact that when you ask people here what's wrong so you can change your attitude perhaps, all they tell you is "you are a bastard," and they expect you to learn from that. Now, I don't read minds, so teling me this is the must stupid, most irrelevant and idiotic thing to tell me. If you want to piss me off, than answer me this to a question which demands a totally different answer, like: "tell me exactly what is wrong, so I might change it." This community repeatedly failed to answer that question correctly.

But for the rest, I'll just shut up. My opinion isn't really relevant for the thread, and nobody listens to it anyway, as multiple threads can confirm. Apart from that, I already know this post will also be greeted with a "facepalm," which I think Slartucker (obviously) introduced, although I might be mistaken. The occasional post denoting what is wrong about my grammar will probably also pop-up now and then. I also know people will now chat about this, calling me gay or somthing like that. It depends if Alec or Salmon participates, I guess.
Homo.

In all seriousness, you don't seem to be taking offense at anything in particular. What's the problem here? You're more or less tripping over yourself to be pissed off at the rest of us. If that's what you want so bad, go right ahead, but besides a few snide remaks for my own amusement I'm not going to abet you.

And if this is some kind of pathetic thrash-out for adulation, forget it. You have neither been here long enough nor done enough to merit a committee of fawners begging you to come back. That kind of histrionic garbage certainly won't do anything positive; if you think it's necessary, by all means, see yourself out.

Quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:
[...]I'm leaving this community.[blah blah blah]
Fag.

(I had a very, very long rebuttal written down. Then I noticed that Alec had brought up most of my points already. Therefore, I only bring you this:)
I've been lurking these boards for about as long as you've been a member, and for some reason (I can't imagine why) you've often come across as extremely arrogant and cocky. You seriously need to remove your head from whatever orifice it's crammed into, and see life for what it is. A little humility and self-criticism would bring you a long way - it's not like it's too late for you anyhow.

This post is not intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, rather it is written in the hopes that a person can grow. (If anyone is insulted by the above, just add a giant smile around the text, and move along.)

Okay, I could have expected the "homo" and "fag" parts. And for some reason, I found it funny.

Anyway, I'm stil leaving. I will probably be back if I have questions about designing or something like that. This out bursts of mine or due to a long series of small frustrations getting to a breaking point.

This is the breaking point.

I am quite sure though, that if we could meet (I don't say i wan to) person to person most people here would see who I really am. This is the internet, and what we see of eachother is only text. We see no face, now voice, just the procudt of several minutes typing. I can't really call that a basis for liking or disliking people, but in this surroundings, its the only way of telling.

Now I'm going. Feel free to contact me if you please.

Quote:
First written now by Salmon the Intolerable:
...Long tirade about pride and prejudice...
Tightened up the text a little so that Thralni could exercise his god given right to skim over a post and then offer critical commentary.

Edit - Apologies to the bugs for intruding on their territory. Please, stay out of my soup.