Earth Slopes Needed

Pyrulen

As a big favor, could anyone create some slope terrain graphics of the same look as floors 73 to 74?

Sadly I neither have a good graphics program nor would I know how to use it if I did, but I don't think it would take long for anyone initiated in the ways of photoshop, just a colour alteration would do.

Basically, it would involve taking the dirt sloped terrains and modifying them to be a deeper brown.

EDIT: Other than that, my scenario is coming along nicely, if a bit linear plot-wise so far.

You may also want to experiment, if you have the software capabilities, with creating a custom terrain set using a /semitransparent, masked overlay of the floor/ overtop of the hill terrain to create the appearance of texture.

(slashes added for clarity)

One can generally do this sort of thing in a photo-editing program that allows for layers.

Granted, such programs are rarely free.

I may go try it, just to see what kind of results I can get.

Mab: Can you check to make sure that your links are directed properly? I can't get anything but the floors and terrain section to come up.

But what I did see was pretty awesome.

May I recommend submitting some of it to The Louvre ?

--------------------

The Silent Assassin is glad to have me back to speak for him after a week's sabbatical.

I was glad for the quiet, myself.

Wow, that's far better than anything I could do. The earth terrain graphics are perfect, and I might even nab a windmill or two. :p

EDIT: Nice roof graphics. I liked them so much that I'm doing a rooftop chase scene above one of my towns. The only problem is retaining the same level of detail of the walls on the ground on what are now cliffs...

By the way, the pictures loaded fine for me, so maybe you should check your internet settings.

Mab, does your site rely on Java or Cookies?

PS. What are 'Scads of Gold'?!

It's a Compaq (ugh) running XP SP2.

But I think the problem was a combination of errors with Geocities and my LAN's firewall.

I can get to the other pages now.

And again I say, pretty sweet.

--------------------

The Silent Assassin once considered a career change from deranged subterfuge to professional cooking and catering.

The response from his customers changed his mind back very quickly.

Pyrulen:

Geocities adds javascript of its own to my simple FrontPage compositions. The site doesn't rely on cookies ... that I know.

'Scads of Gold' are lots of gold coins, packed in thick heaps along with other treasure. Good for dragons' troves or peregrination temples' vaults. laugh

Lenar Labs:

I've often thought of The Louvre, but the pics I once sent as JPGs didn't work well, and converting my workies into 256-colors-GIFs kinda of breaks my heart. shocked

Holy hell. Those are amazing (as is par for the course).

PS- "church benches" are called pews.

EDIT: OH! Your "Carrion Crawler" looks great... But it's unusable in BoA. The way graphics are placed, it cuts off the bottom left and right corners. Monsters' bottoms cannot exceed the bottom boundary of a floor tile.

Quote:
Mab sez:
I've often thought of The Louvre, but the pics I once sent as JPGs didn't work well, and converting my workies into 256-colors-GIFs kinda of breaks my heart. shocked
Nuts! Does this mean I have to remember another site when I look for graphics I could use? Oh, and I'll just echo TM and say "Holy hell. Those are amazing."

Pyrulen: Just glad to see more people designing. Now if I could only see more people finishing their work.

Since this project won't be particuarly ambitious, I have a realistic chance of getting it finished by November. I've put in a lot of hours already and learnt how to do most things, so I wouldn't want to waste all that effort by failing to release it.

Despite that, I have a tendency to veer off course of the plot and write large amounts of dialogue or put in some custom graphics (I also spent a large amount of time scripting the behaviour of a dog!).

As a result, the files are unsystematic at the moment, e.g. you probably won't find my towns to be in chronological order if you check them on the editor.