Dialogue problem

Thralni

Fort some reason, no text is displayed, except for the questions, in the following dialogue node:

Code:
 begintalknode 1;	state = -1;	personality = 9;	nextstate = 1;	condition = 1;	question = "Fersor";	text1 = "Fersor, mighty chieftain of Hirpirdihra, is sitting in front of you on an old, wooden chair. He seems tired of life and he looks at you with begging eyes. He speaks:";	text2 = "Adventurers. Have you thought about my question? have you thought about any consequences: for us and for you? We know you serve a nation, we know you can't just help the enemy. Still, we ask this of you. What is the answer?";	text3 = "You walk towards Fersor, who is very glad to see you. He is thrilled you are willing to help him and his folk out of Avernum, out of the pit you want to get out of too.";	text4 = "_What are you doing here!_ Fersor immediatly stands up and asks you to leave. You refuse, but he even gets angrier. You are soon standing out side of the palace.";	text5 = "";	text6 = "";	text7 = "";	text8 = "";	code =		if ((get_flag(250,0) == 0) && (get_flag(4,2) == 0)) { // intro - not answered question yet				remove_string(3);				remove_string(4);				remove_string(5);				remove_string(6);				remove_string(7);				remove_string(8);				}				if ((get_flag(250,0) == 0) && (get_flag(4,2) == 1)) { // intro - said yes				remove_string(1);				remove_string(2);				remove_string(4);				remove_string(5);				remove_string(6);				remove_string(7);				remove_string(8);				}				if ((get_flag(250,0) == 0) && (get_flag(4,2) == 2)) { // intro - said no				remove_string(1);				remove_string(2);				remove_string(3);				remove_string(5);				remove_string(6);				remove_string(7);				remove_string(8);								relocate_character(0,28,10);				relocate_character(1,27,10);				relocate_character(2,26,10);				relocate_character(3,25,10);								end();				}	break; 
I couldn't spot anything in the flags that might make it so that all if statements are triggered and all lines are removed. I wondered if one of you could find out what the problem is? The problem doesn't arise in any other dialogue node of this same script I made.

So far I haven't been able to see what the problem is, but you could simplify your code a great deal by removing text5-text8 if you're not using them, and also the the calls to remove them from each of the if statements.

Also, you should use teleport_party to kick the party out of the palace.

To find out more about what's happening, you might toss some print statements into the code section to find out what the flags are really set to, and which parts of the code are really running.

Text 5-8 will eventually be used for the second language, so they are there with a reason. I checked again, and all flags are set as they should be at that point. I guess I'll check again.

Teleport party does have a sound, though, doesn't it? I think you can activate or deactivate the effect, but can you get rid of the sound accompanying it too? If not, then I don't think it would be of use.

Quote:
Teleport party does have a sound, though, doesn't it? I think you can activate or deactivate the effect, but can you get rid of the sound accompanying it too?
You can turn off the sound. Besides, relocating each party member will not work, the party is still considered by the game to be in the same location, so as soon as the player moves, the party will step back where it was before. teleport_party solves this problem.