Custom Sounds for PC

Include a whole new program file.

As far as I can tell by looking at the files in the BoA folder, the sounds would either be in the executable or some generic data file. Either way, to change it would be reverse engineering, and doing so would reduce the chances of that scenario being hosted on SpidWeb drastically. Be a nice thing to add to the wish list, though.

(Just curious: why would it have to be a PC user?)

EDIT: Took a look at the complete title of the thread. You mean Mac users are already capable of including custom sounds?

--------------------

Wow. A post count consisting of a non-zero digit followed by zeroes. I feel like I should commemorate this occurance by creating a completely useless, self-absorbed thread instead of answering someone's question.

Quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:
EDIT: Took a look at the complete title of the thread. You mean Mac users are already capable of including custom sounds?
Yes. It's pretty limited and not officially supported, but it's possible to include a few custom sounds in the Mac custom graphics file and use them.

Oh, and for the record, TM does not care whether SW is willing to host his scenarios. He's already had them reject one or two for alleged copyright infringements. :p

The sounds are within the .exe, the folder's name is "100", and they range from 1 to 174. They are .wav files.

You can either replace an already existing sound or add a sound, though I've forgotten, if adding a sound gets you into trouble.

edit: you could ask Jeff, if he'd tolerate a couple of replaced sounds for a specific scenario. Don't see why he shouldn't.