Checking coding out in new scenario

gcmaxxon

Hi,

Is there a simple way to check out your new coding without having to go through the whole scenario just to see the results,

then having to go back and forth until you get it just right?

What I mean is there a way of just checking the new town out by it self and then later just attach it to the main scenario?

Sort of like a subroutine that is called from the main scenario and if ok as it is then left attached.

Thanks in advance for any help.

gcmaxxon

BTW, thanks for the cutscene advice.

I find a combination of Set Starting Location and Debugging Mode to be most effective.

Alternatively, you could place the code (or import the town) into a small, testing scenario. But that seems like more work than is required. I suppose you could also just add an entrance to the town near where the party normally starts, like in a bunch of trees or something. In fact, that way you could test all your towns with a forest of town entrances...

Hi,

Ok, I found it. Thanks for the help. This will make my life so much simlper.

Quote:

Referrance: BoA Editor Docs v1.2, pg. 20

Setting the Starting Location:

One thing you will need to do for every scenario is edit where the party starts out when they first

enter it. The party always starts somewhere inside one of your towns. There are two steps for this.

First, go to the outdoor section containing the town the party starts in. Select Set Starting Location

from the Outdoor menu and then select the location of the town the party starts in.

Then load the town the party starts in. Select Set Starting Location from the Town menu, and t h e n

select the location in the town the party starts at .

For more details on editing/loading towns and outdoor sections, read the chapters on Editing t h e

Outdoors and Editing Towns.

I just put the referrance there for anyone else who may be having similar problems coding and learning at the same time.

gcmaxxon