Horses in scenarios

Zaqx

I supposed you couldn't tell me that there's an editor that lets you do it with just a click of a button huh? so what's the BOA appendic. oh and could it be possible to make a tool to just add certain props into any scenario, seeing as I'm not familar with the way BoA works.

No there is no such editor. BoA scenarios depend on a number of files, some of which are script files that provide code for the game application to execute at certain times. Boats and horses are added to the scenario by certain particular script calls.

A scenario is very complicated, and can be constructed in many different ways. It would be far simpler to just learn how scenarios are made if you want to modify them. Basically like Ephesos said, if you want to know, read the manual. It's included with the scenario editor program, which you might want for editing scenarios anyway.

Quote:
Originally written by Niemand:
Boats and horses are added to the scenario by certain particular script calls.
Something odd and rather inconsequential:
The .BAS file format does have space for horses/boats, though I'm not sure if its used by the game. The editor itself won't allow people to edit this data and the documentation says to use scripting, so it would seem to be just a remnant of the BoE file format. But if it were, it would've made more sense to just take it out of file format alltogether.

Okay, so we rule out the proccess of just editing and adding the monster to the scenarios due to difficulty vs value. But, what of an item/spell that could summon horses or boats? just wondering about other possibilities (though it already seems hopless I must ask)

Horses/boats are not treated as creatures nor items, but as a special object in and of itself that is placed by scenario scripts. Also, we do not have the capability to edit spells, despite our desires to do so. Jeff doesn't "trust" our ability to do it, sadly.