Graphics and the Louvre

Ephesos

This is something I've discussed a bit with Niemand, but it seems that the community's graphics are getting stretched out over a larger and larger area of webspace. The Louvre is really a wonderful idea, and it really seems like people have abandoned it as of late.

I'm not saying that we can't keep graphics we've made on each of our own individual pages, but I'd just like to argue for a bit more centralization of graphical resources. We're rapidly trending away from that.

Thoughts?

I agree - a centralised place for graphics is definitely needed. As it is, there are too many spewed all over the place. I haven't submitted anything to the Louvre, mainly because most of my graphics are just edits, and partly because I thought Brett had stopped accepting contributions (I'm sure I saw a thread somewhere which effectively said as much).

Even if it's not the Louvre, there should definitely be a hub, even if it just links out to other sites.

Quote:
Brett's actual quote:
Sorry for taking so long, but I'm really out of Boa/BoE and have been for some time.

I'll continue to support both the Louvre and Alexandria until someone comes along to do it in my place.
Which seems to suggest Brett would be willing to turn over the Louvre if someone else was interested. But I'm not sure Brett's the problem-- it's just that a lot of artists don't submit to the Louvre.

Quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:
But I'm not sure Brett's the problem-- it's just that a lot of artists don't submit to the Louvre.
Agreed, and that was my point. I don't think anyone can fault Brett for falling out of BoX.

So the gist of what I wanted to say was this: Go submit stuff to the Louvre! :p

I don't like to submit to the Louvre. All of my work there is either credited to the wrong person or a different alias (thankfully since they're all crap.) I'm not particularly fond of this idea as my work takes a lot of time and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with it being shared through different mediums. If someone wants to do this, by all means go ahead, I wont stand in your way. Just know that I wont be submitting anything, someone else will have to upload the graphics from my site.

Remember to be careful, I wouldn't want to see a loss of quality in a transition.

The Blades Forge (conceived August 2005) is beginning to rival Eye of the Storm in terms of development time. But I now have a site that users can submit graphics to, complete with thumbnails, taxonomy, keyword search. No manual administration required - all content is public on submission.

However, there are a few kinks I'd like to work out before I make even the functional (graphics) part of the site available.

Preview: Screenshot

TGM helped me iron out some bugs yesterday (or I should say he found them and I fixed them).

Don't let the screenshots fool you; scenarios are pretty broken and the reviewing / rating system is pretty much non-existent. As for the beta-tester exchange I would like to put in, I haven't even started on that. While scripting and articles are mostly ready, the only part of the site available for testing is the graphics and the user profile part.

Right now, I have two testers and a third one who offered but doesn't have his account yet. I think around 5 is probably all required until another part of the site (scripts next, probably) is unlocked... perhaps more, though.