Hmm. How to use the revamped windos editor- help

Xen

Hi all, I've finally worked up a unique little idea for a scenario, and I'd like to know how to use the scenario editor, the retooled 3D version.

1)How do I add in new terrain? Will new terrian show up in the editor for me to utilize (I have luz's tropical beach graphics, amoungst a few others in mind)-and speaking of which, dose anyone know of some nice palm trees, and other jungle terrain I can utilize?

2)In the same vein, how do I load in custum monster graphics. How do i create new monsters at all, for that matter?

I'd suggest downloading the regular editor. It comes with a manual that, despite what everyone says, is an excellent place to start. Read it bits at a time, and when you want to do something specific, look it up in the manual. It'll enlighten you on scripts and editing. You don't have to use the regular editor, just download it to get the manual.

Your scenario data file is the place to reference new creatures, floors, items, and terrains. It would be named somethingdata.txt, where 'something' is the name of the scenario (which you named when creating it).

Make sure to use unused numbers for the objects you put in the data file, or be sure of the consequences. Like Nioca said, reading the docs, especially those on Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page, is a great way to start. After that, play around with an existing scenario to see how it is constructed. Good luck, and keep asking questions.

I've already created several custum PC graphics for BOA, and I assure you, should I get this scenario completed, the BOA community will have a nice assortment of new goodies. wink

Though i still need to find some nice jungle terrain...

Anyway, my question is how to actually get this stuff in the game; putting the graphic files into the scenario folder (obviously) isnt going to actually get them into the editors placement options, let alone the scenario itself.

Quote:
From stealthdata.txt, A Small Rebellion:

// A Small Rebellion Custom Object Types

beginscendatascript;

// FLOOR TYPES
begindefinefloor 135;
import = 95;
fl_name = "Floor With a Crack";
fl_which_sheet = 500;
fl_which_icon = 3;

// TERRAIN TYPES
begindefineterrain 430;
import = 200;
te_name = "Locker";
te_which_sheet = 500;
te_which_icon = 0;
te_ed_which_sheet = 510;
te_ed_which_icon = 0;
There are two custom objects in this quote. The first is simply a renaming of floor 135. The second is a new terrain which uses sheet 500 (G500.bmp), first icon. Te_ed refers to the editor icon.

Do similar things with your scenariodata.txt file in order to add them to the scenario.

Edit - formatting for clarity, hopefully.