Beta for Windows BoA about to start.

Spidweb

Well, actually, beta testing for Windows Blades of Avernunm has been going for 2 weeks or so, but we're about to open up our beta tester application form for a clump of new Windows testers. I'd like some experienced editor hands in on it, so if you're interested, watch the form.

Bear in mind that beta testers can't be in the scenario design contest.

- Jeff

I would love to test it. I'm working with a Blades scenario I'm creating on my Mac at school and would like a shot at it with my home computer. I'm good at finding bugs and little quirks in things. My e-mail address is Three000@aol.com

(0 as in 0,1,2,3... not the letter)

Edit: Sorry abot that, I was two minutes slow.

I'm with TM here. Why are windows beta-testers disallowed while people who already have the editor and have made scenarios with it are not? I would probably test if it didn't mean I'd forfeit my chances in the contest. And I'm sure you'd find my input valuable, as I'm probably one of the top 5 BoE designers around at the moment.

I'm guessing the logic is that the windows betatesters will have first access to the "new and improved" Avernumscript. The one where the broken calls we're having to avoid now actually work and the new features that have been promised (and possibly a goodie or two that haven't been mentioned yet) have been added.

I can see both sides of the issue, but think that, overall, the way things are is the fairest. As in, given the chance, my baser nature wouldn't at all mind having early access to the new features before the rest of you got your hands on them. laugh

Quote:
Originally written by Rufo:
Thanks for giving me the link, it's the right one (which I never found before, how stupid of me not to use Google), but there is no form at the page. It's just like when they're not looking for Beta testers.

Jeez, was I too late already? frown
Nah, I've been checking that page since about 10 minutes after this was posted smile

No offense, spiderbytes, but I couldn't make out a single word of what you were saying. PC users will see "Avernumscript" before other PC users? Well, obviously. But nevertheless, there's still 1 (soon to be 2, assuming Khoth puts it out quickly) scenario already out for BoA by Mac user(s). The PC'ers, regardless as to whether they are testers or not, already have a disadvantage when compared to all Mac users.

Quote:
He's saying Avernumscript is going to be significantly updated for Windows 1.0 and Mac 1.0.1, and the PC betatesters will be the first to see the changes.
And, because Thuryl mentioned it, this is the reason that we need to get those bug reports in as quickly as possible. There is a decent chance that he will fix anything that he knows about before the time Win-BoA comes out. After that, judging from the BoE experience, we're on our own.

I'm sure other people have said this, but I just figured it deserved mentioning again, just in case any BoA designers had missed it.