Specific spell immunity

Ephesos

Note that Simulacrums always use the default script of their creature type as defined in the data script, so if for some reason you don't want to give a creature the Special monster type, another way to disable Simulacrum is to give the creature type a null-monster script by default, but give every actual instance of the creature a custom script. When a player tries to cast Simulacrum on it, it'll inherit the default script from the scenario data script instead of the custom script, and they'll summon a living doorstop.

EDIT: Wait, Niemand already said that. I'm a fool. frown

EDIT 2: On closer inspection, my solution is actually subtly different from Niemand's. Niemand's is possibly simpler, but mine might be useful if (for some reason) you wanted a creature that can be charmed but not Simulacrumed.

That's true, I didn't think about charming. I would guess, though, that if this creature is to be immune to simulacrum, it is probably pretty powerful, and might just resist charming on its own. Or, to combine my idea with Thuryl's, how about a script that erases itself if friendly to the party, but not if one of its memorycells is set a certain way? You just set that memorycell for the creature that you actually place, so that it will never erase itself, but if it gets simulacrummed, the duplicate will not have the cell set and will erase itself.

**shudders** wow...my "evil-meter" just jumped a few pegs. Think of that! Make a creature mildly hard, mostly annoying. Make it more attractive (don't know how you would though) to Simalcrum it as opposed to kill it right off (perhaps it has some nice spells that one would like to have cast at one's side for a few minutes while exploring the dungeon).

NOW! Script it so that, when it is Simalcrumed (w/e), it turns evil instantly--making it twice the annoyance and probably a lot harder; heck, even have it interact with the original (heh...quick, in battle conversation with itself...heheh...that would be creative wink ) in a way that multiplies all abilities of each one by the number existing on the field.

hmm...more I think of this, the more this concept gets complex...damn I love Scripting Engines ^_^.

EDIT: Uhh...that reminds me. Can a monster have that spell? Simalcruming a PC would be interesting...but I wonder how it would work. I don't think monsters can cast it (thought I read it somewhere in the docs), but if it can--I am including that in my scenario laugh .

Well, actually they can cast Arcane Shield (I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen). It just doesn't happen that often, because creatures with such high Mage Spells skill tend to waste it on Arcane Blow and Arcane Summon.

A simulacrum of a PC? That'd be very strange, particularly since they probably wouldn't get any of the weapons held by the PC. So really, only simulacruming a PC mage or priest would be helpful.

I don't see why monsters/NPCs shouldn't be able to cast Repel Spirit... I'd much rather have them unable to cast Arcane Summon. After all, who hasn't run into the fun problem of a vampire who Arcane Summons three vampires, who then Arcane Summon three more vampires...