Kilt & Bagpipes Please

Icshi

Lacking the artisitic talent to create such items for myself, I was wondering if somebody out there could fix up a couple of custom item graphics for me.

1. Kilt — nice plaid design, maybe red and black. Need two graphics, one for the floor, one for the get/inventory windows.

2. Bagpipes — similar plaid design, maybe a different color scheme than the kilt. Also needs two graphics.

You can go ahead and put these four graphics in their own sheet. The sheet number doesn't matter, I can fix that later with ResEdit.

Much obliged!

PS - Don't worry, my scenario does NOT take place in the Scottish highlands. That would be silly. The scenario takes place in a region where kilts and pipes were used hundreds of years previously.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi... not to be too picky, but being Scottish it goes with the territory. The cross-check design or pattern of a kilt is not "plaid", but "tartan"; depending on how technical you want to get, the plaid is either the entire garment (the earlier version from which the kilt evolved) or the sash worn with the kilt (in the modern version).

None of which has anything to do with whether there should be kilt-related graphics in BoA. As far as I'm concerned, so much the better. However, from descriptions of its dank, drafty environment, I can't imagine that Avernum is an ideal kilt-wearing location... then again, come to think of it, neither is Scotland...

Jackstraw

Quote:
Originally written by jackstraw:
The cross-check design or pattern of a kilt is not "plaid", but "tartan"; depending on how technical you want to get, the plaid is either the entire garment (the earlier version from which the kilt evolved) or the sash worn with the kilt (in the modern version).
Thanks for that interesting tidbit of information — I stand corrected. It's been a while since I've been to a Scottish festival (used to go to one in the wonderful Estes Park in Colorado, when I lived there), so I'm very rusty with such things.

By the way, these kilts will be used on the surface world. It's far in the north, though, so pretty much the same conditions under which the Scots live. So the same mystery of "who the heck got that crazy idea in a cold, damp climate?" remains unanswered...

I think the Avernites should wear togas. They're just a sheet, and they eliminate even the inconvenience of needing separate articles for top and bottom. But Jeff did not make the Avernites toga-wearers, so what can we do? (Answer: steal some Nethergate graphics and make a scenario featuring Avernum dwellers modeling a chic new look.)