Mac to Windows Graphic Sheets

Dahak

Quote:
Originally written by Dahak:
While we are talking about new features, I'd like to fix a bug:

If the designer replaces the graphics for floors 11-22 or 45-56 then the code that handles drawing the edges for cave/stone or grass/dirt instead defaults to 18 (for 11-22) and 52(for 45-56) when ever you attempt to draw with dirt or any of its edges. So instead of a nice 3x3 square you instead get a 3x3 grid of corners.

Editor quirk, go figure. All the water tiles are okay, but none of the dirts are. Ah well.

This need to manually replace the sheets.. It does it for everything? Background, PC, NPC, Item sheets?

I figured I could also use a custom item graphic, but since it has the same sheet ID as a default graphic it would revert to default thus preserving the item.

Erm, I've altered the default floor graphics by copying-and-pasting code from the corescendata scripts and it all seems to work fine. The dry floor all draws properly and auto-edges too.

What I'd suggest doing is copying ALL of the relevant code from the corescendata script and changing the sheet and icon numbers again, since I know for sure it works.

The inclusion of a sheet to override a default sheet only works on a Mac. I think this is due to the way the Resource Manager searches for a requested resource when multiple resource forks are open.

On Windows you could of course temporarily copy the sheet in place of the default one.

Quote:
Originally written by Ballad:
Erm, I've altered the default floor graphics by copying-and-pasting code from the corescendata scripts and it all seems to work fine. The dry floor all draws properly and auto-edges too.

What I'd suggest doing is copying ALL of the relevant code from the corescendata script and changing the sheet and icon numbers again, since I know for sure it works.
Wait, what!? I did the same as well for my graphics...

Still that doesn't change the outdoor and cave cliffs which are hard-coded. I could replace the sheet in Windows, but I was hoping to utilize the same resource swap as on a mac. Oh well.