Active Designers?

*i

I've been bussy with my scenario for six months, but I was actually bussy designing for two months. Conclusion: i have to be in the mood, or nothing will happen. However, as i started working on it again, doing every evening a bit, it may be completed in two-three months from now. We'll see if i mkae it. aybody who wants to know a bit more, feel free to PM me.

Yeah I've been working on a scenario on and off for about a year now. All towns, dungeons, and dialogue are done bar the final few. There are some miscellaneous scripting issues to iron out, but like Thuryl I've suddenly found myself with lots of spare time so I should have it completed in three weeks or so.

Whether it will be well recieved is a another matter.

I am still working on my first official scenario. I have completed the first half, and I am contemplating the second half, but I am hesitant, since Jeff stole one of my major plot devices, and in my opinion, wasted it. I have about decided to ignore him and continue, though. If I continue working at the rate I have so far, I will finish in only another year and a half. :rolleyes:

No offense, Niemand, but if your scenario has the basic plotline I'm thinking of, it's been overused even before A4 came out. Don't panic though. If it's good (that is, not thrown together and really boring), I'll play it. It's tough trying to come up with reasonable plots for BoA scenarios.

Dikiyoba wants to see Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Zombies. That would be weird.

Quote:
Originally written by Niemand:
I am still working on my first official scenario. I have completed the first half, and I am contemplating the second half, but I am hesitant, since Jeff stole one of my major plot devices, and in my opinion, wasted it. I have about decided to ignore him and continue, though. If I continue working at the rate I have so far, I will finish in only another year and a half. :rolleyes:
So long as it is not Rentar-Ihrno returns, it will be fine.

I am working on the Emerald Tortoise Scale still, but I had to stop because of massive schoolwork, and the fact that my dialogue scripting sucks. However, it's holidays at the moment, so I'm planning on carying on. I mean - with only the dialogue to play with, I'm nearly done - and then there'll be another of my scenarios around - hopefully a far better one than UV.

So yeah - I'm around a bit, and will work on it as I can. That means robably a LOT of posts on help with the dialogue.

- Archmagus Micael

Dear god no; no Rentar Ihrno. One of my key ideas is used trivially in A4; I just worry that using a so-so idea that has been used already would become poor. The main plot of my scenario is definitely very much unlike the abomination that is A4, and is hopefully fairly different from other plots.

I'm also a bit stuck because my master plan now calls for a number of custom graphics which I am now not so confident of drawing.

I have three scenarios in progress, each at varying stages of completion. One has everything except dialogue. Another has several towns missing. Plot-essential ones. The third was started last night after a long walk inspired me. I have all outdoors done, and am starting on the town after I get back from a party tonight. Drink-induced dungeons. Yay.

And, this year, my resolution was to finish what I start, so all three WILL be around sometime soon - whilst I do have revision for exams and other pieces of college-orientated work cropping up, I can spare two to three hours a night easily. Provided I'm in a good enough mood. I estimate mid-feb for my first piece.

My suggestion is to force yourself to devote 30 minutes of every day to the scenario closest to being done, if you can spare it, before any of your other projects.

It can be tough, but one of the main reasons scenarios do not get released is because it is too easy to get distracted with a new and shiny idea.

I have started on Scenario #1. It might take a while because I cannot leave anything unfinished. (This means I spend hours trying to do one special event, then changing it)

Also, I was wondering if anyone was going to port ova the scenarios from BoE (other than 9 variations on point B)?

Edit: Sorry about the abbreviations. I was having a problem writing where when i went back to edit the text, it overwrote anything in front of it. If that makes sense.

I am currently designing a 8 town scenario set in a part of underworld which has an autonomous status. The plot has been finalised, two towns completed. The outdoor section is partly done.( I began with the towns instead of the outdoor.) Have another 3 days before college reopens. Should complete this scenario by february end. (I said "should" not "will").

I have my very own Rhapsody-style scenario titled "Eye of the Storm". It has been under construction for... four and a half years, including a port to Blades of Avernum prior to the release of the BoE version that is now never going to be finished. Neither is the BoA version, but hey.

Just started to play around with the Editor a couple of days ago. Once I get the hang of it, I might create a few small scenarios.

On a similar note: I wasn't planning on creating huge, sweeping worlds; rather, on making a few one-town scenarios that others can drop into their own scenarios as stand-alone dungeons. (The first idea I'm going to be working on is an alternative to Warrior's Grove). Just wondering if there are any like-minded lurkers out there; maybe an new topic could be started on dungeon ideas.