messages and time

Thralni

There is this nice Empire fort, in which sits the chief Empire liaison for Riverrod province. Then this big enemy army comes and destructs the hole fort and its soldiers, and the empire liaison. i just want to let the party knows this is happening. What I want, is a message like with the destruction of the tower of magi. A warning so you know what's happening, and to let the party come to the fort (although they can only hwatch and enjoy the cutscene). I haven't looked in a scenario for examples, because of the simple reason I wouldn't were to look and were even to start looking. So, the question is: How do imake such a message, and in which script do I put them? Scenario script (that's were I put a special node setting a flag at a certain day, but I don't know if this is good or bad)?

I would put a check in the START_STATE of the scenario script, when a certain date and time is reached, display a dialog box to tell the party where to go (Also set any necessary flags, etc). Then, when the party arrives in the correct town start the cutscene, say, from the INIT_STATE of that town script.