A plea to your creative sparks

It takes a long time to write one - you know. I've been working for over a month now, (including a week of fried computer), and I still haven't finished it. But maybe a few more weeks in the making... I'll post a topic asking for testers in the BLADES OF AVERNUM forum when I'm finished, so just wait...

Quote:
Originally written by Doodoo:
Me, A Creator?
My Creative Skills Will Blaze
Once I Learn This Thing
What? You don't believe in yourself? Itisn't THAT hard to learn to make proper scenarios. Well, scenarios free of technical bugs, at least. If you read the Docs and Appendix, you'll get most of the idea how. Of course, there is a certain problem with understanding avernumscript - you need minimum exposure to programming.

Quote:
Originally written by Abu Dhabi:
Quote:
Me, A Creator?
Once I Learn This Thing
What? You don't believe in yourself? Itisn't THAT hard to learn to make proper scenarios. Well, scenarios free of technical bugs, at least. If you read the Docs and Appendix, you'll get most of the idea how. Of course, there is a certain problem with understanding avernumscript - you need minimum exposure to programming.
Programming languages like Visual Basic 6.0 are a lot easier than AvernumScript. Sorry Jeff, I heard you tried...

Avernumscript is not hard. I did not know one bit of programming prior to attempting it, and I can handle it just fine.

Well, I mean, it does take dozens of code experiments, months of effort, and a message board or two in order to figure it out, but it's not too bad, as far as these things go.

I think I'll write an article that covers some of the basics, something that covers a little bit more advanced material than the BoA docs but is not as hard to understand as just reading through the calls in the Appendices.

Quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Micael:
Quote:
Originally written by Abu Dhabi:
Quote:
Me, A Creator?
Once I Learn This Thing
Programming languages like Visual Basic 6.0 are a lot easier than AvernumScript. Sorry Jeff, I heard you tried...
Visual Basic is the worst programming language ever invented. In fact, I wouldn't classify it as a humane programming language. It has the worst syntax I've ever seen.

C-based scripting languages are the way to go. cool

I learned Mallard Basic first - on an old Amstrad machine where the entire unit was just the monitor - the CPU was in the monitor and such, and the floppy disk drive (different floppies from now) was alongside the side of the monitor. The most common cause of failure on the machine was the rubber band inside the floppy drive had snapped and needed replacing.

And the monitor was only two-color - bright, cold green against black. One-color, even, if you don't count black.

Anyway, yeah, I learned Mallard Basic first, but I still think C-Based languages are better. Yeah. End post.