is this possible?

I seem to be trying a string of really odd things here, all of a sudden. smile Anyway... I have an NPC who may or may not be drugged and sleeping. If he is sleeping, I want the party to be able to "search" him and find a special item.

I have it all working the way I want, except that the SEARCH_STATE of a terrain script on a space with an NPC in it is never called. Which is just the way it should be if you're not crazy like me and trying to do things that were never intended. laugh

Am I going to have to erase the character if/when he goes to sleep and replace him with a "terrain" that "looks like" him sitting in his chair? Then switch back to the "normal" terrain and respawn him as a character if/when he awakes? Or can anyone think of an easier way to go about it?

-spyderbytes

I decided the item must have fallen out of his pocket when he fell asleep. wink The party now finds the item by searching one of the adjacent squares. Having it actually on his person was not enough better than that for the extra work it would have cost. :p

And yeah, he gets a "Zzzzz..." text bubble every other tick while he's asleep. smile

-spdyerbytes