Icon Adjustment

Dahak

I love icon adjustment. Any scenario I ever make will feature it to no small degree.

The icon is selected when you, well, when you select it. More specifically, it happens in your custom objects script, when you define it using fl_which_sheet and fl_which_icon. Just throw in a fl_icon_adjust next to those calls.

You can substitute one floor for another using set_floor, with one floor set to being icon adjusted and one not.

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
I love icon adjustment. Any scenario I ever make will feature it to no small degree
You can substitute one floor for another using set_floor, with one floor set to being icon adjusted and one not.
Does this mean you need 2 pre-defined floors? Both use the same icon, but has a adjust?

Or can you use the same floor (swap A with A), but apply a adjust after the swap?

My main reason is I'm creating a set of desert terrains. However I'm also trying to create a shady section. I don't want to use twice as many icons, so I hoping that a script could handle shading.

I haven't played around much with lighting to know what it can and can't do, but if that is the case, then you could use a move_to_new_town (if you were really desperate to create this effect while keeping custom floors to a minimum). Otherwise you'll need two different floors and a set_floor call.

I don't know that icon adjustment CAN make something look shadowed. I guess if you darken it, it might work, but have you actually tried it to make sure that icon adjustment can do what you want it to do?