More than 2 NPC joining the party?

Vent

EDIT:

I have few questions about NPC :

1 - How to do in order to have more than two npc that joins the party at the same time?

2 - Is it possible and a good idea to use a special item in order to manage all npc that join the party? I mean an item that will trigger a dialog with some settings or basic talks for all npc present in the party.

1 - It is a strong disappointment to not be able to have more than two npc in a party.

I'm surprised this haven't been done before and that no authors wished that already.

Do it manually by script is interesting (more in fact) but I bet that this will be nightmare to manage in order to have the npc follow the party everywhere, in outdoor, in/out of town, from one area to another, through teleporters. Or there is a sample script to do all of that?

2 - When a npc is in a party it's not possible anymore to talk with him and I want allow that for scenario purpose. I also want to change some settings as to allow to ask to some npc to shut up a bit and speak only for important stuff, or few other settings stuff and if possible ask him few questions. My problem is to allow the player to do that.

So I thought it was possible to give an item to the party and when it is used it will trigger a dialog that depends of all the npc in the party. This dialog will allow to speak a little with each npc in the party in order to change few settings as mentionned above and if possible to ask him few stuff.

That's not possible?

I was asking before even to have fully understand what's possible with dialogs. I was just curious about possibility to port a scenario written for another game.

Quote:
Originally written by Newtfeet:
He's saying that he's thinking about adding an item that calls a script note that gives the player options relating to NPCs that have joined the party. Asking questions, asking the NPC to leave, etc.

I think it would be better to use a special scenario ability.
Great, this cannot be droped by the player so that will be possible?

Quote:
Originally written by Vent:
1 - It is a strong disappointment to not be able to have more than two npc in a party.

I'm surprised this haven't been done before and that no authors wished that already.
I dunno, having more than one or two NPCs in your party is not a very common feature in RPGs (unless you count Fallout). It wasn't available at all in BoE, IIRC.
Maybe if you gave a little more detail someone could suggest a better alternative?

I didn't want to change a lot the current system but at the end I can't say how difficult it is, only the author could.

For now you are limited to only 2 NPC that join the party.

The only interaction I know with npc in BoA is during special dialogs and to cast a friendly spell on them. In this case, you use a numeric key (5 or 6).

Allow to use the numeric keys from 7 to 9 could allow have more than two NPC. If keeping track of the number for each npc is too difficult for so many NPC perhaps limit them to 4 will be ok.

Or perhaps the remider which is written in console each time you cast a spell could also mention npc name for each number.

A last problem could be to keep compatibility for scenario that need to keep a maximum of 2 NPC at same time in the party. For that, have the maximum set to a defaut value of 2. And allow a call in a scenario that wants it to change this maximum up to 4 or 5 or any possible value.