Prevent party from leaving town

Aran

I would like to prevent the party from leaving the town until a certain condition is met.

I've tried to do this by setting the town exit state to execute this:

Code:
  if (!condition)   {    message_dialog("You can't leave yet!","");    block_entry(1);  }
This works exceedingly well when the player actually steps on a special encounter with this state - they can't walk on.

But apparently, block_entry() does *not* prevent the party from leaving town during the exit town state. The message is displayed, but the party gets to escape.

Is there a way to get what I want without drawing specials over all four borders of the town?

Well, that approach works too... but for what I intend, it really seems overkill.

Lazarus, do you mean within the town or outdoors around the town entrance? Because if it's the former, then they *do* need to be inside the boundaries in order to prevent the player from leaving.

Unless I'm completely ignorant of how special areas outside the town boundary are handled...