A novice needs help!

HELP!

I'm having a crack at scripting, however, it's not working the way I thought it should.

Here's the deal. When the party steps on a certain spot at town, I want a message displayed.

I placed a special node at a spot, and let it be 11.

Then I typed the script for my town.

begintownscript;

variables;

body;

beginstate 10;

message_dialog("Testing, on two three");

break;

However, I get an error.

State not found - 0

Huh? Didn't I just define the state in my script?

Quote:
Originally written by Waylander:

State not found - 0

Huh? Didn't I just define the state in my script?
No, you defined state 10. There a few special states that you NEED to have defined in each town script. They are:

Code:
beginstate INIT_STATE;// This state called whenever this town is entered.break;beginstate EXIT_STATE;// Always called when the town is left.break;beginstate START_STATE;// This state is called every turn the party is in this town.break;
When you first entered the town it looked for the INIT_STATE in your script (state 0), couldn't find it, and gave you an error. If you don't want anything special to happen on entrance, you can just leave that state empty, but it must be defined.

NOTE: The secoind set of quotes are used for something - for a second paragraph, since every paragraph can only be [some number] (think it was 256) characters long. So you can do like this:

message_dialog("blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla Ooops I think thats almost 256 char. long I 'll continue on the other paragraph","I'm continuing to write nonsense...");

Quote:
Originally written by Nerubian_Lord:
NOTE: The secoind set of quotes are used for something - for a second paragraph, since every paragraph can only be [some number] (think it was 256) characters long. So you can do like this:
message_dialog("blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla Ooops I think thats almost 256 char. long I 'll continue on the other paragraph","I'm continuing to write nonsense...");
Each thing can only be for 250 symbols long. It's annoying, but we've got to stick with it.