Work-arounds for te_can_look_at?

Ephesos

Okay, I know it's been discussed in the Bugs Thread, but te_can_look_at is broken. Horribly so. It's done very interesting things to Embers of Rebellion, where many, many things can be searched when they really shouldn't be, like trees.

So, does anyone know of a way to force "te_can_look_at = 0" to work?

Okay, fine. If you're going to be so freakin' nosy, here's the pertinent part:

Quote:
It really makes me think that something is involved with the Number of the terrain.
...since some of the trees in EoR are inexplicable searchable, while others (which are identical except for the icons) are not.

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
Uh, given that this is an issue that affects us all, it'd be interesting to know what Salmon suggested.
Any other instance than a scenario I was beta-ing, and there wouldn't have been the PM. I sat for hours trying to make things searchable and not searchable, and the only thing I saw that was making a difference was the item number and then number of custom objects. Too much testing for me, so I went outside before my skull exploded. I figgered Ephesos would eventually take the same action. wink