GraphicAdjuster version 2.0.3

Niemand

This new version makes the program deal better with partially corrupted files, allows the program to be hidden properly, fixed copying from the icon selection screen so that they no longer come out inverted, and improved detection of whether a sheet contains item or terrain sized icons.

Find it at my utilities page .

Well, the error is a little more informative, and it says the sheet will be omitted, but then it crashes anyway. I tested it with the exact same file I sent you (the old version, before I used Rezilla to delete the corrupted sheet).

Lazarus tells me that BoA does not accept item sheets of multiple rows (apparently a floor icon from a lower row causes a crash or something). So that may not be important. (But I hope he's wrong. frown Unlikely though.)

But it still does not detect the 16x16 map icons. Are you intentionally omitting those?

I know there is an attribute for specifying an adjust for the map graphic, but I don't know whether the game uses that value.

Regardless, I still like the program. smile

Crud. Yeah, the program runs fine when debug symbols are included, but when they're not, as in the Deployment mode for distribution, it crashes again. So, I'd recommend that no one else downlod this version for now, hopefully in an hour or so I'll be replacing it with one that really fixes this problem.

EDIT: It proved easier than I thought. I've uploaded a new copy which should behave right now, even in the face of your beastly file, Minstrel. :p

You could say that I'm omitting the map icons intentionally; while they tend to be put in 10 by 10, they need no be, making them not terribly easy to detect. In addition, I've never heard of anyone wanting very badly to actaully test adjusts on these; in most cases people just put the same ed_icon_adjust on the editor icon as the icon_adjust that they put on the terrain or floor itself. I also didn't really think about it before, and I don't really want to put out a third new version in the same day for such a minor thing.

Quote:
Originally written by Niemand:
I don't really want to put out a third new version in the same day for such a minor thing.
That's okay - I definitely agree that it's not as important to be able to detect map sheets. I think I just mentioned it for completeness...

YAY! The corrupted sheet doesn't crash it anymore!

... I just mentioned the Open dialog. I'm talking about drag-and-drop. Yes, I know it's a minor thing - more of an inconvenience than a problem.

EDIT:

My initial post on this was made before I tried using the Open dialog. When Niemand replied, I tried the Open dialog and realised it worked.

However, if you want to drag a file onto Graphic Adjuster, it will only accept files with a cmg extension. Logically, it should also accept files with a '3DAT' file type. It doesn't. It's not hugely important, just something I noticed.