Custom graphics - graphics prog for win

The tangent

We do read the forums, you know. Posting here is as good as asking us.

Anyway, obviously Photoshop is a good choice, but it's expensive and might be overkill for making small BoA-style graphics. An ordinary paint program (preferably one that can "zoom in" to edit individual pixels) should be adequate if you just want to do minor edits to existing graphics (and it's surprising how much editing can accomplish if you're good at it).

Quote:
Originally written by Thralni, Nephil translators & co.:
The only thing I can come up with at the moment is simply using ms paint. isn't that good enough for what you need it for?

And inthrall, what's wrong with the Dutch?
That quote is a joke. See, saying that you can't stand the Dutch is intolerant, but he's also just said that he can't stand intolerant people. The person being quoted is oblivious to the irony of what he's said, which makes it funny.

And now I've ruined the humour by explaining it. frown

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
Quote:
Originally written by Thralni, Nephil translators & co.:
The only thing I can come up with at the moment is simply using ms paint. isn't that good enough for what you need it for?

And inthrall, what's wrong with the Dutch?
That quote is a joke. See, saying that you can't stand the Dutch is intolerant, but he's also just said that he can't stand intolerant people. The person being quoted is oblivious to the irony of what he's said, which makes it funny.

And now I've ruined the humour by explaining it. frown
I also figures that out in the meantime. I didn't look proparly and missed the bit before it, making me think it was Inthrall's opinion.

Quote:
Paintshop Pro v5 is freeware
Yes, it used to be while its producer 'Jasc' still owned it. But since 'Corel' has taken over 'Jasc', the freeware has vanished from the web. All you can donwnload now is Corel's trial version of Paintshop Pro X.

'The Gimp' is always a good alternative and is open source.
The Gimp

I also like Irfan View. Wouldn't want any other picture viewer.

edit: ADoS, can you give me a link to that Photoshop 6 version you use? 'Jasc' used to be one of my favourites, I'd like to know where to download some of their former software.

As to which software people use - though I know that Adobe is univerally adored, I still prefer to work with Corel and Macromedia.