X... Man or Woman?

Athron is a female dragon in Avernum, but I remember at least several instances where she is referred to as a "he." Since I have never played Exile, I cannot confirm Athron's original gender, but I suspect the gender-switching is one of those amusing artifacts from conversion.

As for X, everyone refers to him as, well, "him." The dialogue picture looks masculine, too. But when gender is unspecified, the masculine form is the default. Since he does not really talk about himself much (except to boast), I do not think we can ever really find out.

And Sulfras switches too, doesn't he/she? Motrax and Khoth remain comfortably male, at least. The former is too old to try these newfangled geners and the latter is too preoccupied with deep thoughts to bother.

—Alorael, who is pretty sure X was male when he was on the boards. That's as good a basis for judgement as any.

Well see as Athron apparently finds some male dragon to have a brood(sp?) with I doubt it ... unless she's just saying that so the humans don't guess on dragon reproduction.

I think I remember the initial description of X in Exile was that he/she was ambigious and you couldn't tell becuase he/she was shrouded in cloaks and darkness and had a raspy voice and stuff. Maybe she just has a convinent spell for a particuliar time of the month or something.

Well, for the first time in a while, i made an interesting subject.

I admit to only have registered the avernum series, but I have the original demos of the exile series, so I got to meet 'X' In the first Exile, and i could've sword it said woman.

I have no say on the dragons besides Motrax, who has and always will be male...