Agreed. The Anama gives a short-term bonus to your priest spells but losing out on the magery hurts in the long run. I also tend to give my casters both mage and priest ability, so joining the Anama actually weakens them.

—Alorael, who will add that joining the Anama makes sense for a singleton. It's hard to make a mage-priest-fighter, and if you have to sacrifice one of those, mage is the easiest to give up. That makes the Anama a good choice.

Quote:
Originally written by Missing in Alorael:
Agreed. The Anama gives a short-term bonus to your priest spells but losing out on the magery hurts in the long run. I also tend to give my casters both mage and priest ability, so joining the Anama actually weakens them.

—Alorael, who will add that joining the Anama makes sense for a singleton. It's hard to make a mage-priest-fighter, and if you have to sacrifice one of those, mage is the easiest to give up. That makes the Anama a good choice.
Well, I Quote to point, The fact that this is mostly what a 4 player party does, (unless you are me) Has 1 mage, 1 priest, 2 fighter. They dump the mage back in the Unused room in Fort Emergance, and then, bring their person back. It works!

The Anama priests give a singleton player the option of becoming a crusader-type character. It's a roleplaying choice, if not everyone's favorite. The game is quite playable that way, probably easier than being a singleton mage. You get some powerful spells early and a cheap source of crystals that unlock doors and dispel barriers. As an Anama player, at the end of the game you even hear the Empress say something about maybe having to rethink her position on the Anama.