Is there a way to keep playing after winning A3?

I've never really understood this question. In A1 and A2, you can complete one of the three major quests and then keep playing. In A3, you can't, but any reasonable person will have a saved game just before the last fight. How different is it, really?

—Alorael, who has never had a large urge to keep playing after completing an Avernum. The quests are all done and the dialogue doesn't really change.

I thought the question sounded familiar.

The only point in continuing to play is to finish any side quests or find any final loot. It's not really important, because a meticulous person will have done so already. Just the fact that it is possible is empowering for some people though. Sometimes my party wanders for days in Avernum 2 because they don't want to start all over at the beginning again.

Dikiyoba notices that Kelandon is living up to his custom title today...

Eldarion: No worries. It was just for clarification.

Alorael: With A3, I did press on to the end before I finished some quests, because some of the quests were obscure — I knew there was a wandering sage, but I didn't know where he was, and I knew that I was supposed to find some metal (or something), but I didn't know where — so I did go back to an old save and finish those quests after I beat the game.

The usual misuse of FYT involves actually fixing typos. In this case you just quoted me with emphasis added. Not that I'm not grateful for the correction as I slip into senectitude, but what if I can bearly figure out what the correct word is?

—Alorael, who is embarrassed to have his flaws beared before the hole of Spiderweb. (Incidentally, hole seems like a surprisingly apt descriptor for Spiderweb.)

Quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:
Could someone please tell me how exactly FYT should be used? An example would be nice, even though I'll just make the same mistake again.
FYT :p

(Sorry, but you did ask for an example. Though in a less critical sense, FYT would be applicable to this:)

Quote:
Originally written by Parapsychosis:
—Alorael, who can barely bear to step into a new outdoor section if there's any unexplored blue left.
However, this particular usage doesn't really add anything to the conversation, so it just isn't used that often. TM uses the "rearrange people's words" technique quite often, if you need more examples.

The second is actually a bad example. FYT should never be used to fix typos. It should be used for the sole purpose of putting words in another's mouth, usually for comical effect and mockery.

—Alorael, who can summarize most of TM's posts with a single sentence: "I fixed your mother's typos."