most obnoxious dungeon in avernum/exile trilogy

Jeff likes to describe certain of his dungeons -- particularly the Tower of Zkal and the Crypt of Drath -- as "obnoxious". But which one, if any, sent you into a sulk - because "its just SO ridiculous, how can anyone be expected to complete this..."? Or were they all a breeze to you, even with the torment setting?

I selected Empire Archives, mostly because I hate invisible creatures.

The Pit of the Wyrm, if it's the one I think it is (giants, nagas) was also, not annoying as such but I remember it as the toughest one for me, since I was vastly unprepared, I guess.

Laser, belts, etc don't bother me much. Just patience.

This is part of the BoA and not a dungeon, but to me the Run scenario was annoying (and somehow I see it as a whole dungeon) due to its time limit (even though I cheated with the editor to have all the time I needed).

The Tower of Zkal is indeed the worst, and it bothered me even more than the ToSF. I never did manage to get through the tower in E3.

—Alorael, who will admit that he would likely have skipped the ToSF too if it weren't central to the plot (such as it is). The conveyor belt bugs were irritating to no end. The lasers in the Avernum golem spire aren't nearly as bad.

I have to say Tower of Zkal 'cause there are so many passageways in there, and Far Sight is useless. Once you get through the first floor (if memory serves, there are several?), it's pretty easy. But the starting floor makes up for it.

Then again, I haven't played A1 or A2, so I really don't know what I'm talking about. The Golem Factory was pretty annoying, but not after I gave my party level three shielding with that one spell.

• 5 months later...

I specifically remember when i first registered E3 and tried to do the entire game without walkthru but I gave up in disgust when it came to Golem Factory. Becuase those bloody golems do massive damage and i just spent so long (and was probably not leveled up enough).

I have nightmares about it still.......