A3 max skill level?

The real limit is diminishing returns. You eventually have to spend so many skill points per point of skill and get so little for it that it's not worth training any more.

[Edit: Should've just written 2^15-1.]

—Alorael, who wouldn't be surprised to find that skills are limited to 255. On the other hand he remembers hearing about people managing to get them above that. Maybe the limit is 32767 instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely there's not even that much experience to be got from the entire game? If you clear out every single dungeon you're not incredibly high in the grand scheme of things if said grand scheme goes right up to 32767? Indeed, what level are you if you clear out every dungeon?

I think you could probably get higher with disadvantages and a willingness to pick fights with wandering monsters at the very end of the game. Alien Beasts and [creature(s) responsible for plague removed for spoiler content] give some good experience.

—Alorael, who doesn't see how helpful that is, though. Unless you really need more skills and really want to backtrack all the way to civilization and trainers, the end game is for ending the game.

IIRC, on the first time through A3 I had a godlike level 80 singleton by late game - I started out as a human mage warrior with Natural Mage and Fast on Feet, with a point in priest for healing.

Two casts of lightning/fireblast per turn pretty much killed most of the grunts before they got into melee range... laugh