Xian Skull (A3)

Quote:
Originally written by Micawber:
It's use is the same as for Sylak's talking skull in Nethergate; it keeps you company and occasionally gives you hints.
Sylak's Talking Skull was more helpful though. I don't know if I ever needed the Xian Skull's advice, but Sylak's skull told me where to find some of the Nether Arts spells.

Edit: It's a pity. When I saw this thread, I was half-expecting the legendary Xian Skull thread of yore to have been resurrected.

I remember the Xian Skull telling me to talk to somebody on Bigail (don't remember the name, but she was a member of the Church of the Divine Lucre). That lead you to the Fury Crossbow location. I think there was another useful hint as well, but it was still mostly a novelty item.

--------------------

Legolas! Boromir! Come quick! I ... oh, wait. Never mind.

- The Xian Skull

I always thought that it's the kind of item which runs counter to the over-arching goal of all living adventurers: not get killed.

Imagine this: Your party is sneaking through a fortress full of angry giants, and you're blessing and hasting before bursting into the room where the chief sleeps. You've been successful in slipping past guards so far, and you're ready to kill the chief in his sleep.

... then, out of nowhere, "HI! I'M A TALKING SKULL!"

Cue the guards, the death image, and a reload.

By Ephesos:

Quote:
I always thought that it's the kind of item which runs counter to the over-arching goal of all living adventurers: not get killed.

Imagine this: Your party is sneaking through a fortress full of angry giants, and you're blessing and hasting before bursting into the room where the chief sleeps. You've been successful in slipping past guards so far, and you're ready to kill the chief in his sleep.

... then, out of nowhere, "HI! I'M A TALKING SKULL!"

Cue the guards, the death image, and a reload.

Reminds me of an OotS strip.

--------------------

Everyone make your Move Silently check.

I got a 17.

I got a 24.

I got a 19.

I GOT A 4! DID YOU HEAR ME? I GOT-

- OotS

There was a Knights of the Dinner Table strip where Bob, the thief, successfully steals the treasure from the temple's altar in front of the monsters worshiping it. His victory dance to celebrate was ruled to have happened in the game attracting their attention. Ooops. So much for silent movement.