Killing the Emissary makes Shandoka hostile

Per usual, if you initiate combat via a conversation option, the rest of the zone doesn't turn hostile.  That option does exist here... it just doesn't appear unless you've completed the Emissary's quests.  In this case, it looks like this was done so that the option can be witty.

Attacking a friendly creature in combat mode normally turns the whole zone hostile, so that's not really a surprise.

57 minutes ago, Drayk Armitage said:

Per usual, if you initiate combat via a conversation option, the rest of the zone doesn't turn hostile.  That option does exist here... it just doesn't appear unless you've completed the Emissary's quests.  In this case, it looks like this was done so that the option can be witty.

Attacking a friendly creature in combat mode normally turns the whole zone hostile, so that's not really a surprise.

I didn't complete her quest. I was scouring the mountains of infernals for XP and attacked her. I thought that, given that this was an infernal that the Sholai were creeped out by, the zone wouldn't turn hostile. I was hoping the Sholai were like Zensital in the most recent patch. Apparently they are not.

39 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

I hope you finished their quests first.  :)

Nope. 😅

37 minutes ago, Genernumlover said:

I didn't complete her quest. I was scouring the mountains of infernals for XP and attacked her. I thought that, given that this was an infernal that the Sholai were creeped out by, the zone wouldn't turn hostile. I was hoping the Sholai were like Zensital in the most recent patch. Apparently they are not.

This is not the only weird thing. I have got a reply from Spiderweb when I mentioned that when Rising turned hostile against me, when I sabotaged the machines, the Awakened Spy in the NEXT zone, Gates, turned against me. 

For the infernal, it is not difficult to fix; turn her from "Friendly" (green) to "Neutral" (blue) and you can do it without consequences. Or you can kill the Sholai without her getting angry. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Magenta said:

Not unless something changed recently. I wiped out the Sholai and the Emissary went hostile.

No, I mean if you turn her from "green" to "Blue", she won't care what happens to the Sholai and the Sholai won't care waht happens to her. 

EDIT: I mean by doing a minor modification in the text files of the zone. Not that you can do it in normal play.

Edited by alhoon

15 hours ago, alhoon said:

This is not the only weird thing. I have got a reply from Spiderweb when I mentioned that when Rising turned hostile against me, when I sabotaged the machines, the Awakened Spy in the NEXT zone, Gates, turned against me. 

For the infernal, it is not difficult to fix; turn her from "Friendly" (green) to "Neutral" (blue) and you can do it without consequences. Or you can kill the Sholai without her getting angry. 

I didn't know that. How do you turn her from friendly to neutral?

On the topic of attacking someone in the same zone, I tried attacking the main Sholai camp, and Grimwing seems to ignore it.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Drayk Armitage said:

You don't.

Alhoon likes to discuss things you can do by hacking or modding (or that the developer could obviously change) as if they are things any player could do.

Well,  I'm not going to do any of that. I'm not risking getting into trouble or making Vogel mad. Thanks for the info!

Edited by Genernumlover

1 hour ago, Drayk Armitage said:

You don't.

Alhoon likes to discuss things you can do by hacking or modding (or that the developer could obviously change) as if they are things any player could do.

Oh, come on, it is changing -one- line in the script of the zone. It is certainly not hacking and it is something ... well, not hard but not that everyone can do. You got me there. But it is not hacking. 

1 hour ago, Genernumlover said:

Well,  I'm not going to do any of that. I'm not risking getting into trouble or making Vogel mad. Thanks for the info!

Considering there are mods that change all sorts of things for all the games here (for decades) and Vogel didn't get mad about it, I doubt he would be mad at you for changing one line in one file.  

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, alhoon said:

Considering there are mods that change all sorts of things for all the games here (for decades) and Vogel didn't get mad about it, I doubt he would be mad at you for changing one line in one file.  

If I want to kill the Emissary I can just complete the Sholai quests and return later, defeat her, and then walk out without fighting the Sholai. It isn't worth the risk, to me, to try modding the game.

If I ever want to mod I will email Vogel and get his express permission to do so, but I am not going to touch the game's internal workings without his okay.

Edited by Genernumlover

Alhoon, you know very well that we have lots of lurkers, lots of casual players who google questions about the game and end up here.  It is misleading at best to talk about things you can hack into the game as if it's something you can do in normal play.  This shouldn't require an argument.

(And yes, if you are editing game files directly, you are "hacking."  It's not a dirty word, and it's a very widely used word in modding communities on the internet, so if you don't like that, your argument is with the rest of the internet and not us :-)

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Drayk Armitage said:

Alhoon, you know very well that we have lots of lurkers, lots of casual players who google questions about the game and end up here.  It is misleading at best to talk about things you can hack into the game as if it's something you can do in normal play.  This shouldn't require an argument.

(And yes, if you are editing game files directly, you are "hacking."  It's not a dirty word, and it's a very widely used word in modding communities on the internet, so if you don't like that, your argument is with the rest of the internet and not us :-)

I clarified in an edit. 

Edited by alhoon