Rentar-Ihrno's control panel

I fought my way to Rentar-Ihrno's control panel, clicked "Load the Slime Components," "Refocus Beams," and "Begin Process." However I keep getting the message saying "back to square one." I thought I had deactivated the lasers; I didn't get them to turn off but at least they just went into the wall. Are the lasers the problem, or did I forget to do something else?

Edit: Sorry, never mind. I thought I was supposed to deactivate the lasers, but instead it seems I need to send them to the center. Done.

Refocus Lasers, does take you back to square one. It basically turns off the lasers so you can not load slime components and get it to explode. So......you must now start over.

As I recall, there are alot of buttons on that panel, but I only know what those ones do. Ah, Alorael might know, he seems to know everything about Spiderweb in general.

(from a previous post about this question)

written March 11, 2004 06:03 AM                          

If you got Erika's amulet and she doesn't appear when you enter Rentar's great hall, then you made a mistake with the buttons in the basement. If you don't have a saved game that takes you back to the point where you start with the basement buttons, you can reset the buttons from Rentar's control panel by pressing the top left button. You will have to endure being teleported away from the control panel about five times before you can reach it. After you do that, I suggest saving the game and labelling it "Rentar's buttons" so you don't have to deal with all the teleporting if you make a mistake again.

There are a total of ten buttons in the basement. One tricky area is the NE corner. Press the south easternmost button first in this section and you'll avoid a lot of confusion.