Soldier's Girl (AKA Installation Problems)

Dorth Hanoy

The story so far:

I once had Exile III and Avernum II. Then my hardrive was erased. And then I didn't have them anymore.

And then to compensate, I got Avernum III on my new computer. And then, through a series of wacky events, my dad absconded with my computer. So no more Avernum III.

And then, I got a new computer! So I decided to finally look into getting the games back. So I e-mailed Spiderweb, and my orders were to re-download the games.

So I did. And then, when I tried to open them, i wuz like omg wtf y wont it install? i wuz confused becase it kept sayin how i needed to insert a disk and i couldnt install it. and tehn i mad a topic on this message board about it.

I use Windows XP. Windows XP is a form of operating system that I use. BUT THE GAMES WONT INSTALL GRRRRR frown

So tell me how.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior:
I overheard windows xp requires a certain directx version. 9.0, I think. Perhaps that may be your problem? I have a game where if your date isn't set correctly, the game could crash during play.
Win XP doesnt require a certain DirectX version; not atleast 9.0!

Dorth Hanoy: Try redownloading the games; maybe the files were corrupted

Quote:
Originally posted by ef:
You need the special DirectX-version for WinXP which you can download from Microsoft
]
WinXP doesnt need a special DirectX version! I know becose I have WinXP and I use the normal DirectX version!

Dorth Hanoy: Well as TGM said e-mail to Jeff. He propably ( tongue ) knows better how to fix this