A3 Merchants & House Buying

Hey all, I'm new here. I just registered my copy of A3 today, and I'm a little confused about the above mentioned topic. How does one set up a merchant shop? I've read every bit of information I could find, and I've found nothing beyond the A3 introduction that says (and I'm paraphrasing here), "Save the world or be a merchant...buy a house..."

I've combed the main game menu, the A3 Manual, and the internet for info on this as well as how to purchase a house with absolutely no luck. Furthermore, I've not come across anyone in any town who's asked me if I want to do either of those things. Is this something a character can do only after he/she has reached a certain point in the game? Or have I missed something really obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally written by foreverpoe:
Quote:
It's an entire town in itself with encounters and rats and even a resident ghost.
That sounds utterly cool. At what point in the game does this house become available? I've just gotten past the registration barrier, so I'm guessing I'll have to wait a while.
Well, as soon as you get to Lorelei, you'll be able to buy it (the previous owner was crushed by a large rock). Look for the town that has guard towers all around it.

When I buy the house, I fill the bedroom with lots of magical junk I don't have room to carry. One fun thing to do is get lots of potted plants and decorate the house with them. It really does look kind of nice...

One thing to be warned about though...one of the encounters is a basilisk in the pantry...be prepared...

Yes eposhes {typo no comments} but that is better than the exile thing of leave town everythings gone, and for other ppl, the mansion isn't expensive at all,even without cheating i can reach max coins and have to blow it all on junk like fake anama rings, mansion, and even buying things fron stores and dropping them...wish there wasnt coin cap like there isnt on A4 cool

A better answer to all your needs is PLAY RUNESCAPE, you can have a house, items dont go away unless your gone for a reasonable amount of time, you can talk to friends you cant talk to any other way, you can merchant get very very very rich {zezima has 34trill and could 6x that much any time he wants} and you can have cats......catspeak ammys.....fish.......petrocks {dunno how yet} and soooo much more, runescape can top any game anyday {especialy like wow and turf battles, those games suck and wow is totally unafordable}

Fine, dont like runescape it wont be my fault that when you die you'll look at what its like, and wish you played....you ppl dotn have t like runescape but I find it better than every game, srry that you dont like it :rolleyes:eekfrown:p

- you might not like runescape, but of course we all love family guy {seen every episode} :p

• 3 weeks later...