Quote:
Originally written by lordofdc:
whats the "fightand combat" bug and how do you get into that biulding with no doors in new cotra
The "fight-end-combat" bug is an exploitation of the game's method of placing characters when they exit combat mode; I believe, if all of your characters are in a straight line, you will be moved one space forward. It's used to get over specials you don't want to trigger.

Of course, I really don't understand how this would help you get into Erika's private chambers in A3. There's a locked door, which keeps the fight-end-combat bug from working. The same is true of Sulfras' chambers.

The inaccessible building in New Cotra becomes accessible by following the directions of the Avernite operator in Sharimik and Lorlei.

Quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:
Quote:
Originally written by St. Ashby the Martyr:
There's a locked door, which keeps the fight-end-combat bug from working.
Well, remember how crazy Unlock Doors level 3 is in A3? Use that, and you'll probably get in.
No, the door is so powerful that even Level 3 Unlock Doors won't open it (thus the need for unsavory methods). Alternately, you could go find the key which the special tells you you need (but which doesn't exist).

Quote:
Originally written by rantalot:
i am pretty confident i opened it with level 3 unlock doors by...i was cheating so my skills were off the charts
The door cannot be opened or passed around by any means in the game (Character Editor, Unlock Doors level 3, Dispel Barrier, Electrum Key, and so on).

Quote:
Originally written by 1337 h4x0r:
Bragging rights.
Bragging Rights for what? Did you make it into the room? What's the point of bragging? Many of us have done it. :p

Quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:
What is the use of getting somewhere you were never meant to go? Of course, an explorer's spirit can get you far in real life, but did you think you could somehow slip through the cracks of Jeff's plot design and enter a part of his game he never made? :p
Hey, it's entirely possible that there could have been something in there. Who knows how Jeff's mind works? There could be wonders beyond your wildest imagination inside the room in Dharmon that has no entrance in A1, the area behind the Vahnatai temple in A2 that also has no entrance, or in the outdoor map section just south of the Honeycomb in A1. :p

Well the glitching across the rune works, and I used unlock doors on level 3 to open door. It also is possible to get back across the rune and out of the tower. I have a screen shot, but can't figure out how to put it up. I'm sure most of you have seen it done before, so I won't lose to much sleep about it.

Edit: This had me thinking, Ericas chamber is clearly just a red heron, and isn't relevant to the plot. But how about the chamber in Ghirka? Sure enough you can get there too, before you are supposed too. It opens up some interesting plot holes, and quite possibly tore a hole in the fabric of time-space.

you know, there are 3 avernums and 3 erikas, thus 3 towers and 3 rooms behind erika. i think in a1 and 2, you can get into the rooms around her, but not in a3. impossible. nothing in there.

so you all are right.

the building in cotra is the bunker. it will be available to help you later in the game. be around in upper avernum, and youll know when to get in.

even later than that, you can get over the runes in ghikra. you cant miss that point.

Quote:
Originally written by Macrsp:
Say, is it possible to get into Linda's portion of the Tower of Magi in X2?

I never did get across those ruins on the floor.
"This is Linda's quarters, please leave"
You mean A1? Linda no longer has chambers in A2... she's been exiled to Motrax's caves, if I recall correctly...