Edit CLevel?

im so stupid. im playing a party through a3 right now and am quite satisfied with it. my slot 1 human custom fighter though had too little AP for my taste. so when he was almost lvl 17, i deleted him and created a nephil fighter instead. then i set his skills etc to the exact settings the human fighter had.

it was then i realized i couldnt edit the character lvl by using the editor.

any way to help me? those 29 hp arent gonna help me vs the giants.

(i have no savegame before that point. ill start lvl him up now, but a faster solution would be appreciated.)

On Mac OS 9, you can get a nifty program called Pandora's Box that will let you edit experience in Avernum as well as just about any numerical value in any application. I'm sure there are equivalents for OS X (or maybe Pandora's Box still works) and Windows, but I have no idea what they are.

—Alorael, who supposes you could also just use the editor to send your character's endurance through the roof. It will make him slightly stronger than the higher level characters, actually, but you can reduce his endurance as his level goes up.