A1: Movement Speed

Try using the numeric keypad or the arrow keys instead of the mouse. That's a little inconvenient on a laptop keyboard because you can't move diagonally with the arrows, but with numbers it's fine.

—Alorael, who doesn't think there's any one-click look trick. He's a poet and while he did know it, this one was entirely unintentional.

Mouse: I've never had that problem, regardless of speed. Then again, I prefer using the keyboard.

Look: No, there is no right-click option. Yes, it sucks, but you get used to it pretty quickly.

I recommend using the keyboard shortcut for that, too.

--------------------

The Silent Assassin welcomes Keldarion to the boards and hopes that he/she will stay around for longer than the duration of this thread.'

Off the record, the Silent Assassin would be glad to have more people as tentacle fodder.

Quote:
Originally written by Lenar, Inc.:
Mouse: I've never had that problem, regardless of speed. Then again, I prefer using the keyboard.

Look: No, there is no right-click option. Yes, it sucks, but you get used to it pretty quickly.
I recommend using the keyboard shortcut for that, too.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin welcomes Keldarion to the boards and hopes that he/she will stay around for longer than the duration of this thread.'
Off the record, the Silent Assassin would be glad to have more people as tentacle fodder.
1. He.
2. Tentactle Fodder? You can have my sister if you want... :p
3. I'll be around at least till I win A1 xD

Quote:
Originally written by Archimandrite Micawber:
In Avernum 1, on Windows, Left Click moves 2 spaces, Right Click moves 1 space. Seeing as how right click is already used for moving, you can't use it for looking as well.

The same goes for Nethergate.
Seriously? See, a lot of people say this, and I have never used the right mouse button, EVER. Mainly because the left one only moves me forward one space.

Originally by Nikki:

Quote:
Seriously? See, a lot of people say this, and I have never used the right mouse button, EVER. Mainly because the left one only moves me forward one space.
Me too. Left and right clicking both move my party forward once.

Perhaps the left/right click is different in different versions of the game?

Dikiyoba has Windows, and presumably the latest version of the game, since Dikiyoba only recently purchased it.

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
Originally by Nikki:

Quote:
Me too. Left and right clicking both move my party forward once.

Perhaps the left/right click is different in different versions of the game?

Dikiyoba has Windows, and presumably the latest version of the game, since Dikiyoba only recently purchased it.
I bought the trilogy CD about a year ago, so I might have a slightly older version.